Congregation Bet Haverim is blessed to have thriving Education & Youth Programs and is hiring a Program Assistant to provide additional support. The Program Assistant works as an employee of CBH and reports to the Director of Education. This position will be part time, approximately fifteen (15) to twenty hours (20) weekly, with potential opportunities for growth in the future.
The ideal candidate loves working in a collaborative environment, is organized and detail oriented, finds joy in Judaism and learning, enjoys being around children and teachers, and has a strong work ethic. This position requires availability on Sunday mornings from 8:00am to 1:00pm and Wednesday afternoons from 1:00 to 4:30pm during the school year. In addition, this position requires availability during our monthly F3 Family Shabbat programs, Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur, and other Jewish holiday events. This position requires a year-round commitment, but has some flexibility in schedule beyond those designated required work hours.
The job description includes the following responsibilities:
Outreach & Communications:
- Provide general outreach support to the Director of Education.
- Provide support in identifying, recruiting, welcoming, and engaging new families to Congregation Bet Haverim and our Education & Youth Program offerings.
- Potentially work in collaboration to support the Rabbis and Gan Haverim Preschool Director in outreach efforts to bring potential new families to our community.
- Provide support to the Director of Education and members of the Education & Youth Committee in welcoming, connecting, and orienting new families in our community.
- Provide support with outreach communications including updating Mail Chimp lists as well as organizing data and contact information.
Hebrew & Religious School Responsibilities:
- Arrive prior to start of each school session to provide support in setting up classrooms as well preparing teacher and student supplies.
- Welcome and support teachers, madrichim, children, and families as they arrive.
- Provide support as needed in preparing, organizing, and serving snack during school sessions.
- Support the Director of Education with student issues including illness or behavioral challenges.
- Work in partnership with the Director of Education managing an awareness and adherence of all CBH safety and security protocols when children, teens, families, and teachers are on campus.
Jewish Celebration & Holiday Responsibilities:
- Work with the Director of Education to create publicity materials and manage the registration process for High Holiday Family Services and Children’s Programming offerings.
- Work in conjunction with the Director of Education and the Rabbis to organize Family Programs during the High Holidays including Erev Rosh Hashanah, Rosh Hashanah Morning, Tashlich (Rosh Hashanah afternoon), Erev Yom Kippur, and Yom Kippur Morning.
- Work in conjunction with the Director of Education and Rabbis to organize Children’s Programming on the first day of Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur morning.
- Attend High Holiday Family Services as well as Children’s Programming, acting as a liaison to the Director of Education, Rabbis, or leader of each program.
- Welcome families to each HHD Family Service; support families in networking with each other as well as CBH staff and leadership.
- Support the Director of Education in creating publicity materials and launching registration for our monthly Friday F3 Family Shabbat programs, during the school year.
- Attend all Friday F3 Shabbat programs, arriving early to support the Director of Education and Jew Crew with facility and food preparations, supporting teachers, and greeting families (approximately seven per year).
- Support preparations for Consecration including welcoming new families, creating and strengthening connections with EYC mentor families, and preparing supplies (gifts, certificates, etc) for the Consecration ceremony.
- Work with the Director of Education and Education & Youth Committee to attend meetings and support the work of the Purim Carnival Committee.
- Work with the Director of Education to provide general support and resources for the learning and celebration of all Jewish holidays.
- Provide general administrative support to the Director of Education.
- Provide support and coordination of facility requests including setting up classrooms as well as communicating with CBH administrative staff concerning room requests and facility needs.
- Provide support to the Director of Education and the Executive Director in coordinating HR requirements, documents, and resources for Education & Youth Programs staff.
- Support email communication for Education & Youth Programs including Mail Chimp campaigns as well as email communication with grade levels, parents, and designated cohorts as needed.
- Provide support to the enrollment process and summer preparations for the upcoming school year.