Background: Encounter is an educational organization committed to informed, courageous, and resilient Jewish communal leadership on the Israeli-Palestinian reality. To learn more, visit www.encounterprograms.org.
Position Summary: This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team at an organizational inflection point, and to play a key role in supporting Encounter through a period of scale and rapid change. This position is well suited to a highly-organized, emotionally intelligent and self-aware driven professional. The Executive Assistant (EA) will have a front row seat to a team that is hard-working, passionate and committed to making a positive contribution to communal change.
The Executive Assistant position is a part-time position, working 20 hours/week on a schedule to be set in consultation with the CEO.
The EA will be a critical partner to the CEO, helping to ensure she is as effective a leader as possible, serving as the CEO’s first point of contact with key stakeholders, including colleagues on the leadership team, staff, volunteer leaders and major donors, and proactively managing the CEO’s calendar to ensure its alignment with top priorities. The EA must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, and must be comfortable working in a startup-like environment, managing shifting priorities to completion even when the path is not self-evident. This individual will possess the capacity to manage sensitive communications with discretion, confidentiality and diplomacy.
Encounter is a mission-driven, results oriented, and growing organization with a small but mighty team of thoughtful, dedicated professionals. We care deeply about our work and about each other, and go to great efforts to support each individual’s unique talents and contributions to drive towards greater impact individually and collectively.
- Provide professional administrative support to the CEO including heavy calendar management and follow-up for internal and external meetings.
- Ensure CEO is thoroughly prepared for all meetings and events, proactively staying ahead of the CEO’s calendar, in close coordination with the Chief Advancement Officer and other colleagues as needed, in order to provide relevant and timely information to the CEO.
- Serve as both gatekeeper and gateway to the CEO, creating win-win situations for direct access to her time.
- At times, reach out on behalf of the CEO to staff and external stakeholders, ensuring clear communication and follow through as needed.
- Take the lead on arranging and adjusting detailed travel plans, when relevant creating itineraries and anticipating and proactively managing changes as they arise.
- Join the CEO’s meetings as needed with direct reports, Board members, external vendors, and stakeholders to capture action items and ensure effective follow up and project-managing to ensure their completion.
- Compose and prepare correspondence that is at times sensitive and confidential.
- Proactively identify opportunities to better maximize the CEO’s time, supporting her to ensure completion of competing prioritized tasks.
- Support the CEO’s fundraising and awareness raising work, partnering with development and program team staff members to coordinate, prepare for, and follow-up on meetings, events, and speaking engagements.
- Experience offering administrative support to a leadership position of an organization or company.
- Exercises leadership; Problem solver and solution-oriented; Comfortable taking the initiative without hand-holding.
- Exceptional organizational and task management skills; able to prioritize competing tasks and commitment to follow through.
- Humility, humor, a measured presence and comfort with candor are assets in this position.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Salesforce, Asana, Zoom, GSuite & Monday.com.
- Strong preference will be given to candidates who are fluent in both spoken and written Hebrew and English, and comfortable navigating subtle cultural differences between Israelis and American Jews.
Salary & Benefits: Salary range of $30-40/hour (approximately $30,000-$40,000/annually), commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package, including generous vacation package and holiday schedule. Flexible work environment.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter indicating why you think you are the right fit for this position to [email protected]. Due to high volume, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please, no phone calls.
Encounter is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.