Temple Beth Am (TBAM) has an excellent opportunity for a Director of Marketing and Communications at our growing campus in Miami (Pinecrest), FL. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic professional, who is able to perform extensive multi-tasking under numerous time constraints with exceptional attention to detail; someone who takes initiative; thinks strategically and independently, and is confident to interact with all levels of the congregation. The position requires excellent communication, organizational, and computer skills.
TBAM is a dynamic and growing Reform congregation and day school committed to Jewish continuity, life-long education, spiritual renewal, life-cycle transitions, Shabbat and holy day celebrations.
Individual should possess a basic understanding and have working knowledge of graphic design, marketing, public relations, websites and social media.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Create and manage production/publication processes for multiple communication products: newsletters, social media channels, websites, etc. that serve the needs of the temple, day school and religious school.
• Create and manage marketing and communications metrics to measure effectiveness.
• Manage media relations, including writing and distributing press releases and cultivating relations with local media outlets.
• Assist with the writing, editing and production of communications for the Head of School, and other administrators and faculty.
• Oversee brand consistency across all publications and divisions.
• Coordinate photography; maintain the photo library.
• Basic graphic design and production of slide decks, advertisements, digital media, handbooks, event invitations and booklets, etc.
• Develop and manage relationships with website vendor, photographers, graphic designers and printing firms.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum 5-7 years of experience in communications, marketing, public relations, and social media promotion.
• Demonstrated success managing multiple projects with shifting priorities and competing deadlines, including developing, monitoring, and adhering to budgets and production schedules.
• Self-starter and excellent project manager.
• Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong time management, organizational skills and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent English language written and verbal communication skills.
• Deep understanding of various social media platforms.
• Familiarity with web design and publishing, knowledge of HTML and experience with CMS platforms and/or WordPress as well as SEO and web traffic metrics.
• Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop/Creative Suite and other graphics design and editing software.
• Basic video editing skills.
• Knowledge of Miami area Jewish community strongly preferred.
(Knowledge of Spanish and Hebrew is an asset.)
Compensation: Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
Contact Robert Hersh, Interim Executive Director, [email protected]