Position: Executive Assistant
We are seeking an experienced individual who can provide administrative support for congregation religious and administrative staff who can:
- Manage and support the clerical and administrative requirements of the congregation’s clergy.
- Manage and support the Executive Director.
- Work in a collaborative environment and communicate effectively with congregants.
- Work in an environment based on Jewish values (see below).
- We are the one Reform Jewish congregation in Boulder and surrounding counties, creating meaning in our lives through a wide range of Jewish practices.
- We are a congregation of more than 500 families with a religious and administrative staff of ten.
- We strive to be a community of belonging, seeing people for who they are and where they are in their Jewish journeys.
- We believe that individuals and families should have multiple gateways into Jewish life.
- We have just completed a Strategic Visioning process that will guide us toward greater engagement with our community.
- The foundation on which our Vision is built:
* We celebrate together and lift each other when we have fallen
– G’milut chasadim - acts of generosity and kindness
* We are inspired to realize our human potential
– B’tzelem Elohim - in the image of the divine
* We work to make the world more just
– Tzedek, tzedek tirdof - justice, justice shall you pursue
- Act as the initial contact with congregants and the general public, answer and return phone calls, emails, letters, etc. in a timely manner.
- Manage and evaluate routine procedures and projects including but not limited to membership, coordinating meetings and holiday events (i.e. High Holy Days).
- Provide support for the work of the clergy including communications, correspondence, calendaring and other routine administrative tasks.
- Provide support for the Executive Director including communications, correspondence, calendaring and other routine administrative and finance tasks.
- Provide support for the Board of Trustees, committees and congregant groups including calendaring; managing agendas, reports and documents; and, maintaining electronic files and documents.
- Prepare communication materials including design, preparation and production of special service materials, special occasion correspondence, life cycle and other related materials.
This position is a full time, forty (40) hour per week position that reports to the Executive Director and takes direction from the Rabbi and Cantor. The employee will work on site and may have work-at-home options.
- High School Diploma, additional education and/or relevant experience desirable
- Minimum of three (3) years executive assistant or office management experience
- Familiarity with Jewish congregations and programs desirable
- Proficiency with productivity tools such as Google Docs, Sheets, Slides and Calendar
Salary Range: $55,000 - $65,000.
Benefits: The position includes Retirement, Health and Dental benefits; Long and Short Term Disability Coverage; Family Leave; Extended Medical Leave; Sick Leave; and vacation.
To apply please submit your resume, cover letter or questions to [email protected]. Applications will be reviewed on an on-going basis until the position is filled.