Honeymoon Israel (HMI) provides immersive trips to Israel for locally based cohorts of couples that have at least one Jewish partner and are early in their committed relationship, creating communities of couples who are building families with meaningful connections to Jewish life and the Jewish people. To date, HMI has run more than 100 trips from 20 cities across North America – bringing more than 2,000 couples to Israel. To read more about Honeymoon Israel and its mission and vision, please visit www.honeymoonisrael.org.
About the Position
Our team is looking for a self-motivated, detail-oriented Trip Operations Specialist. The ideal candidate is driven by the opportunity to serve as the main point of contact for travel vendors and participants, and to collaborate with a fast-paced team.
This is a new position that will provide critical support to the National Operations team as we continue to grow and resume trip operations. The position’s core responsibilities will focus on supporting all travel vendor communication and participant inquiries and requests. This role will also provide general organizational support to other departments to sustain and enhance our unique culture.
This individual will report directly to the Director of Operations and should be comfortable using a variety of technology platforms and tools to aid with seamless operations and communications.
Trip Vendor Liaison
- Provides and ensures accuracy of participant registration information to trip vendors (airline provider and tour provider)
- Monitors and audits the registration reports ensuring travel requirements for all passengers are met (visas, passports, etc.)
- Manages and communicates details in preparation of trips to travel vendors (special requests, special accommodations, call scheduling, etc.)
- Responds to participants’ requests and inquiries via email and phone.
- Manages outreach to participants regarding registration requirements
- Oversees travel insurance policy and support claims for staff
Internal Trip Support
- Ensures trips are at capacity through internal communication with staff and external communication with participant invitations
- Manages trip staff and rabbi/educator registrations and requests
- Reviews itineraries and travel-related documents ensuring accuracy
- Ensures travel policies provided by travel vendors are communicated and implemented
- Manages payment and trip expense process with trip staff
- Manages completion of trip related tasks (generate reports, database management, pre-trip communication)
Partner City Support
- Operations support to city partners (report requests, technology platform support, etc.)
- In cities without HMI staff, ensure training and oversee communication of materials
- General organization support with partner cities
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-5 years of experience in an operational or administrative role
- Proficient in Gsuite, Microsoft Excel; Salesforce a plus
- Outstanding interpersonal communication
- Working knowledge of the travel industry
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to maintain and manage vendor relationships
Salary range: $45-50K
This remote position is based in Phoenix, Arizona. Salary is commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits, including great insurance plans, unlimited vacation policy, and a retirement plan. Flexible office hours and work environment. Occasional domestic travel will be required.
To apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please include “Trips Operations Specialist” in the subject line of the email. We will review applications and screen promising candidates on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Early applications are encouraged.
Honeymoon Israel is an equal opportunity employer committed to advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice. We strive for our team to reflect the diverse community we serve. We encourage candidates of all cultural, racial, religious, gender, and sexual identities to apply.