Rockwern Academy, Cincinnati’s pluralistic Jewish Day School, is looking for a Director of Technology and Innovation to start in June 2023.
Who are we?
At Rockwern Academy, we expand minds, nurture community, celebrate Judaism and commit to building a better world. An exceptional student-teacher ratio allows us to value each student as a true individual, discovering what gives them their inner spark.
At Rockwern, we:
- Inspire a lifelong love of learning, as our experienced teachers prepare our students to thrive in top high schools.
- Create a more compassionate world by teaching values and ethics that last a lifetime.
- Nurture our powerful sense of community, fostering strong relationships between students of all ages, teachers, staff, and families.
- Explore the power of technology to engage students.
- Inspire curiosity and equip our students with tools for critical thinking and problem solving.
Rockwern Academy is seeking an experienced and knowledgeable full-time director of technology and innovation who will be responsible for coordinating the technology strategy, infrastructure, and function of the school. The director will work on developing our technology solutions, responding to problems and questions, and supporting faculty and staff to maximize the effective use of technology to meet the needs of our school.
This position reports to the Head of School. It is a year-round position.
The director is responsible for all day-to-day technology initiatives. This individual will be responsible for identifying and implementing best practices on all technology issues. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, execute, and manage day-to-day, annual, and long-term IT plans
- Manage and oversee the implementation and maintenance of all technology architecture and systems including servers, wired and wireless networks, backup, staff and student devices, software, printers and peripherals, remote access VPNs, phones, information security, web content filtering, security systems, and data warehousing
- Establish, administer, and communicate policies, procedures, and goals for IT at Rockwern
- Serve as main point of contact and troubleshooting response for any technical issues, including connectivity, computer hardware and software, printers, and applications
- Support teachers in identifying, implementing, and continually learning to use technology to support instructional goals
- Analyze needs of the school and establish priorities for systems design and implementation of new and/or modified systems. Develop schedules and milestones to track progress of technology implementation. Assess and recommend technology and consultant solutions.
- Ensure network operations, including server maintenance, wired and wireless bandwidth maximization, connectivity, uptime, and speed
- Oversee backup system and processes for data and files, and provide support for other technical systems including website, student information system, etc.
- Administer IT purchasing and asset management and negotiate agreements and manage relationships and contracts with IT vendors, consultants, and suppliers
- Develop and manage annual IT budgets
- Provide inspiration and support for faculty and students in developing and implementing new innovative learning opportunities in technology and STEM
- Provide instruction to K-8 students in using technology; assist teachers with bringing technology into their curricula
- Provide after-school and summer programs in technology and makerspace
- Serve as Administrator for Google Workspace for Education
- Provide instruction in technology in alignment with Ohio Technology standards and/or ITSE standards
- Create a culture of digital citizenship for our students
- Perform device troubleshooting and coordinate repairs
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably with a concentration in the fields of IT/IS, computer science, or other relevant fields
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the development, installation, and maintenance of information systems
- Experience with educational technology and managing technology systems for schools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization skills and high attention to detail
- Good judgment and decision-making aptitude
- Ability to prioritize a variety of responsibilities and deadlines
- Team player
Rockwern is a high-functioning, fast-paced, collaborative environment. This position requires patience and a willingness to teach staff members with diverse technology backgrounds to solve many of their own technical challenges. It involves everything from high-level planning and oversight to mundane hands-on repairs. We are seeking an individual who sees problems, proposes solutions, and is eager to learn new things.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Head of School, Rabbi Laura Baum, at [email protected].