Our client, Yeshiva Sha'arei Zion of Queens www.yszqueens.org is seeking an Assistant Principal beginning with the 2022-23 school year.
The Assistant Principal will assist the Principal with student activities and services, personnel supervision, and curriculum instruction. He will coordinate with the Principal in defining and enforcing the Yeshiva's hashkafa, policies and guidelines for students, staff, and faculty. He will conceptualize the goals of the Yeshiva and identify objectives for instruction and extracurricular programs. Working with faculty, the Assistant Principal will make suggestions, listen, and share experiences encouraging teacher and student improvement and motivation throughout the Yeshiva.
This is a new position.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree or higher, preferably in Educational Administration or related field, a plus
- At least five years of successful highly qualified teaching experience in education is require
- Relevant experience working with faculty on teaching social skills and behavioral interventions
- Excellent organizational skills
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Respected by faculty, students, and parents for level of knowledge and interpersonal conduct
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to multi-task well in a fast-paced environment
- Strong skills in culturally relevant education and a demonstrated ability to work with teachers, staff, and the community to maximize student achievement.
- Ability to implement policy based progressive discipline with students and staff with consistent and equitable conflict resolution skills.
- Effective communication skills to support school-wide strategic planning, and professional development activities
Please submit your application to: Assistant Principal – Queens, NY (#911) | Joel Paul Group