Maccabi USA is seeking an Associate Communications Officer to coordinate marketing initiatives with a focus on expanding Maccabi USA’s social media footprint across all platforms. Under the direction of the Senior Director of Strategic Initiatives, the Associate Communications Officer will work with the Digital Media Director and the professional team on communications and public relations efforts for the organization, its programs, and events as well as to develop and implement outreach and promotional campaigns to boost brand engagement and increase our digital presence.
The duties and responsibilities include:
- Manage communications platforms, including, but not limited to newsletters, website, email, direct mail, social media
- Create engaging, relevant content that communicates the Mission, Vision, and Values of Maccabi USA for written and digital outlets
- Generate and distribute engaging, relevant content, building Maccabi USA’s digital presence through regular posts
- Track social media engagement to identify high-performing ideas and campaigns for scalability
- Develop communications marketing plan aligned with the overall goals and objectives of the organization
- Produce weekly organization-wide email newsletter
- Manage schedules for newsletters, electronic communications, and social media
- Build relationships by responding to comments and direct messages to MUSA social media accounts and by engaging with people who like posts
- Assist colleagues and volunteers with the design and execution of event-related content and social media campaigns
- Coordinate communication for Games (Maccabiah, Pan Am Maccabi Games, European Maccabi Games, etc.) and fundraising events to maximize awareness and participation
- Recruit and supervise student interns as appropriate
- Other projects as assigned
Skills and qualifications
- Experience with major social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, Snapchat, Pinterest, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of social media analytics software, such as Facebook Insights, to track audience engagement and campaign performance
- Ability to create visually interesting and engaging content utilizing various design platforms and software
Experience with content management systems, word processor applications and image/video editing software
- Copywriting and editing skills
- A passion for sports
- One to two years of related work experience, preferably with a not-for-profit organization
This is a full-time position based out of our office in Philadelphia. Opportunities to travel in support of Maccabi USA delegations are possible.
About Maccabi USA
Maccabi USA is a not-for-profit 501-(c)(3) organization located in Philadelphia. We develop, promote, and support international, national, and regional Jewish sporting activities to build Jewish pride, identity, community, and connection to Israel. We provide Jewish athletes around the world the opportunity to share their heritage and customs through programming that embodies the Maccabi ideals of Jewish continuity, Zionism, and excellence in sport.
To apply for this position, please forward a cover letter and resume to [email protected] by March 21, 2023.