The Operations Manager is responsible for all things related to the operations of our building including maintenance, renovations, managing vendors, and other projects related to the building’s function. This position is for someone who enjoys behind-the-scenes work that sets the organization up for success.
This position is an excellent entry point to Hillel and Jewish communal work for someone who is passionate about building thriving Jewish communities.
Building Operations and Oversight
- Daily oversight of building appearance and functionality
- Manage all building repairs and renovation projects
- Establish and review service contracts with suppliers/vendors/maintenance support
- Assist Executive Director on building security and security protocols and emergency management planning
- Support audio visual systems and all tech needs in the building
- Respond to tenant needs, and coordinate renewal of leases
- Managing inventory and ordering supplies
- Other administrative tasks as needed
Student Employee Management
- Recruit, hire, train and supervise a team of 4-5 Northeastern work-study students to serve as administrative and program support.
- Maintain working relationships with Northeastern Work Study representatives and adherence to work study arrangements
- Coordinate logistics with staff and student leaders for program needs
- Manage and coordinate logistics for Jewish holidays
- Build and maintain relationships with key vendors and caterers
- Place all food and program supply orders for Hillel professionals and student leaders
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience in general operations and/or building management preferred
- Experience mentoring and/or formally managing others preferred
- Some experience with Hillel/Jewish life a plus
What You Will Bring to the Job
- A shared commitment to Northeastern Hillel’s mission and values
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Good time management skills, including the capacity to juggle competing priorities and deadlines, and to remain flexible within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to learn new procedures and systems
- Strong drive and willingness to take initiative to complete each task to a high standard
- Commitment to being part of a staff culture that values openness, collaboration, and creativity
- Knowledge of essential computer software programs, including Microsoft Word and Excel, Google Suite, and the capacity to learn new technologies
What You’ll Receive:
- The salary range for this role is $50,000 - $55,000.
- Includes health, dental and vision benefits.
- After completing your second year in the role, Northeastern Hillel automatically contributes 5% to your retirement plan.
- Generous vacation and sick time.
- Access to professional development opportunities to support your growth.
- Workspace in a hospitable and comfortable building with a talented team of professionals.
About Northeastern Hillel:
Northeastern Hillel is a non profit organization dedicated to supporting students in creating Jewish life, community, and fostering student leadership at Northeastern University.
Northeastern Hillel is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. Northeastern Hillel considers all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, provided they are otherwise able to perform the essential functions of the job.
Note: Northeastern Hillel follows Northeastern University’s COVID-19 mandatory vaccination policy for all staff members.
To apply: Email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
About Hillel International
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.