Camp Solomon Schechter is seeking an energetic Marketing & Communications Coordinator. This is a perfect near-entry level opportunity for a creative person who is excited by the prospect of crafting and executing a fun, “campy” communications/marketing/social media plan to increase Schechter’s visibility in the Pacific Northwest. The position reports to the Development Director and will work with our board, staff, and volunteers to display a consistent brand and message to our community. Schechter is located in Olympia, WA, and has business offices in Seattle.
CSS has a 67-year tradition of fun, friendship, and Jewish education in the Pacific Northwest. We value each child as an individual and strive to support their social, emotional, and spiritual growth. Our campers have the opportunity to be independent in a safe and nurturing environment. We encourage every camper to try something new, make new friends, make good choices, and grow as leaders and as individuals. CSS is a fully immersive, welcoming, and spiritual Jewish environment.
CSS is also the home of the Stampfer Retreat Center, which is the perfect setting for conferences, retreats, and special events from mid-August through mid-June annually. The Center provides a welcoming, safe, and fun camp environment, steeped in the values of integrity, respect, and equitable treatment. Our natural setting, open to all, is a unique and inspiring environment that promotes a sense of community and personal growth through art, culture, sports, and environmental education.
- Implement a marketing, communication, and social media plan (developed in conjunction with the Marketing Committee), ensuring consistent and cohesive messaging across platforms – with specific focus on camper enrollment, off-season rental opportunities, and fundraising
- Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral, including advertising, brochures, annual report, newsletters, emails, and website
- Regularly post on all social media accounts and explore potential new platforms
- Manage production of the annual promotional video and year-round production of other videos, podcasts, mimes, gifs, photo montages, etc., in support of the social media plan
- Support the leadership team with community events, including Schechter Spark, open house(s), meetups, alumni events, recruiting events, etc.
- Write press releases and media requests
- Perform other relevant assignments, as assigned
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Strong writing, editing, design, and publishing skills, including the ability to present concepts verbally
- Excellent project management and time management skills, plus a willingness to work a flexible schedule with minimum supervision
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital and social media
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure and deadlines
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and an ability to work collaboratively with all levels of staff, volunteers, board, alumni, campers, and camp parents
- Computer proficiency including MS Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, website management, and social media
- Knowledge of Jewish culture (desired)
- Flexibility to occasionally participate in evening and weekend events
This position is full-time ($24 - $27/hour, based on experience) with benefits (vision, dental, health, retirement, sick, and vacation). Please submit your cover letter and resume to [email protected] Only those whose applications are being considered will be contacted.
Camp Solomon Schechter is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, gender, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, age, religious belief, political ideology, national or ethnic origin, disability, actual or perceived medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.