About Jewish National Fund-USA:
Unparalleled in the Jewish philanthropic world, Jewish National Fund-USA's strategic vision has been and always will be, to ensure a strong, secure, and prosperous future for the land and people of Israel. Everything we do -- every project, initiative, and campaign we take on – is integral to our vision of building and connecting to our land. We plant trees, build houses and parks, source water solutions, buy fire trucks, and improve the lives of people with special needs. We boost tourism, support Aliyah, promote Zionist education and engagement, build medical centers and trauma centers, fund agricultural and culinary research, and run an American semester abroad high school in Israel. We do all these things because each project, each program, each partnership, is consistent with our strategic vision – population growth in the north and south, connecting the next generation to Israel, infrastructure development, ecology, forestation, heritage preservation, and more -- all for the land and people of Israel.
Jewish National Fund seeks an Israel Programs Recruiter to cover Southern California (Los Angeles, San Diego, and Orange County). This position will be based out of Jewish National Fund's Reseda office and will travel throughout the Southern California region.
The Jewish National Fund Israel Advocacy and Education Department connects students from preschool through college to the land of Israel its people. Jewish National Fund's Alexander Muss High School in Israel delivers a transformative experience for teens through its semester, mini-mester and summer abroad programs in Israel.
Israel Advocacy & Education:
- ·Engage Jewish Day School and Supplementary School educators with JNF education programs such as Blue Box Bob, Tu Bishvat in the Schools, Plant Your Way to Israel and Yom Haatzmaut programs.
- Recruit for JNF campus programs such as Caravan for Democracy, College Summit and Alternative Winter Break; staff JNF Alternative Break trips and possibly JNF/Shorashim Birthright trips.
- Engage synagogues with programs such as Tu BiShvat Across America, Speakers Bureau and Rabbis for Israel.
- Network with Jewish educators to ensure that they readily take and use our materials and programs.
- Build relationships with communal and campus based Jewish organizations in your region.
Alexander Muss High School in Israel, Recruitment:
- Initiate and facilitate relationships and recruitment opportunities including: Prospective Parent/Student meeting and parlor meetings at individual homes, local schools, synagogues, JCC's, and more.
- Utilize Salesforce platform to create, cultivate and track leads, schedule events.
- Communication with AMHSI leads to ensure follow through with online application.
- Work with National Director of Recruitment to develop ‘long term recruitment' strategy & goals.
- Develop relationships with teachers and counselors to explain the benefits of AMHSI.
- Work with regions to manage event publicity and logistics.
- Identify local funding opportunities, scholarships, and JNF Scholarship opportunities.
- Knowledge of Israel and current trends in the Jewish community
- Experience with Salesforce, Microsoft Office, Zoom, internet research, and the ability to setup and use technology for presentation
- Travel throughout the region will be required on a day to day basis (once travel resumes).
- Some nights and weekend work are required.
- Excellent follow-through on projects, and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals as well as groups, must be a team player.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality when working with sensitive or confidential information.
- Must have excellent oral and written skills.
- Candidates must have a valid US driver's license, access to a car and personal credit card to use for travel (documented expenses are reimbursed per company policy).
- Days off for all work-prohibitive Jewish holidays, in addition to the secular US holidays
- 3pm close-of-business on Fridays
- Flexible expense account for mileage and donor meetings
- Top-notch healthcare (including dental and vision)
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid short and long-term disability
- 403(b) with generous employer contribution
- Opportunities to travel to Israel
Salary range will depend on experience level, but can fall within the range of $50,000-$60,000.