The Kehillah Fund is a nonprofit organization dedicated to unifying the Chicago Orthodox community by inspiring a shared commitment to Jewish education and other strategic issues that impact continuity. For more than 18 years, the organization has been raising funds to support Chicago-area day schools (k-8) and equitably allocates funding throughout the year to 11 beneficiary schools.
YOUR NEW OPPORTUNITY
Kehillah Fund is seeking a Development Associate to join our dynamic team. The Development Associate will report directly to the Executive Director. The person in this role will contribute to Kehillah Fund’s strategic fundraising efforts by providing support to senior leadership in development and fundraising activities.
Following are the key RESPONSIBILITIES for this position:
- Assist with regular donor contact through correspondence, phone, email and in-person communication
- Reach out to past, current, and new prospective donors for individual gift solicitation
- Update and maintain database
- Prepare and track donor lists
- Follow up with lapsed donors and those with outstanding pledges
- Manage gift acknowledgement process, including tailoring thank you letters and ensuring all donations are acknowledged in a professional and timely manner
- Print and mail letters for other donor touchpoints
- Contact our beneficiary schools to obtain and provide information for database
- Support team members to prepare for meetings with potential donors
- Work collaboratively with teammates on major campaigns and events
- Represent Kehillah Fund at special events or community outreach opportunities
- Participate in regular team meetings and provide input on strategic initiatives
- Fulfill other tasks and take-on other responsibilities as directed by the supervisor
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate will be thoroughly committed to Kehillah Fund’s mission and have a strong work ethic and desire to grow and learn as a development professional. The person should be driven, process-oriented, proficient in oral and written communications, and have experience in database management. We are looking for a team player who is detail-oriented, self-motivated, and takes initiative.
- College degree, preferably with a major in communications, nonprofit management, or business.
- 2+ years fundraising experience preferred
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information discreetly
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Database experience a preferred
- Team player who exhibits professional work ethic
- Ability to communicate effectively with constituents
- Highly organized with strong time-management skills and detail-oriented
- Experience working in the Jewish world and understanding of the Orthodox Jewish community preferred
Send cover letter and resume to [email protected]