Position: Donor Engagement Manager
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
Purpose: The Donor Engagement Manager serves as the day-to-day manager of the Zeta Beta Tau Foundation’s internal and external communications.
The Donor Engagement Manager facilitates measurable actions leading to increased awareness and a stronger donor base of the Foundation along with maintaining and growing connections with Zeta Beta Tau and its brotherhood. The Donor Engagement Manager has the responsibility of overseeing marketing campaigns, brand identity, solicitations, social media, online giving platforms, website management and strategic outreach.
In collaboration with other members of the Zeta Beta Tau Foundation staff and in support of both the Foundation’s development and communications plans, the Donor Engagement Manager implements and manages a comprehensive annual solicitation strategy via direct mail, email, print, and phone.
This position plays a key role in advancing and protecting the Zeta Beta Tau Foundation’s reputation and building awareness of Foundation programs.
Responsibilities – Communication
- Develop, oversee, and execute Zeta Beta Tau Foundation’s communications plan and key messages based on the vision, mission and goals set by Board of
- Author and/or edit all Zeta Beta Tau Foundation communications via e-mail, social media, as well as Zeta Beta Tau Foundation messages in Fraternity
- Plan and execute Zeta Beta Tau Foundation publications, annual reports, e-news, and
- Manage Zeta Beta Tau Foundation’s online identity and social media
- Manage Zeta Beta Tau Foundation’s brand including visual standards and style
- Attention to ongoing improvement and ensure evolution with new best practices and developing media
- Prepare annual fund and communication budget needs
- Knowledge of design programs and website management
Responsibilities – Annual Fund & Week of Giving
- Responsible for developing and executing in coordination with the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Director of Development, and the Donor Relations Manager the projects and appeals that support the annual giving (unrestricted) campaigns of Zeta Beta Tau Foundation conducted via mail, email, social media, text, and telephone.
- Responsible for designing and executing Zeta Beta Tau Foundation’s undergraduate
- Strategizes, analyzes, and recommends campaign strategies to meet the goals of unrestricted giving. Monitors annual campaign progress, collects data, and proposes changes/strategy based on data, trends, and
- Organizes annual fund budget needs in coordination with plan/objectives.
- Responsible for maintaining online giving platforms and managing online giving
- Leads all strategy and communication for annual Week of
- Is key member of the Engagement Team, with COO and Donor Relations Manager. Represents the role of the annual fund and transactional fundraising
- Collaborates with the Engagement Team to create high-touch communications and engagement calendar that effectively cultivates and stewards
- Conscientious partnership to ensure achievement of annual goals and shares recommendations and opportunities as
- Is a lead team member with Foundation technology and database, assisting with projects, programs and initiatives that help reach Foundation’s
- Partner with the Fraternity on joint messaging and
- Ensure the database is being used to maximum efficiency and offer suggestions for improvement. Identify opportunities of growth within the database for communications, effective segmentation of audiences and other outreach and
- Serve as staff liaison to certain standing committees and periodic ad hoc committees as
- Knowledge of best practices and trends in communications, marketing, and annual
- Ability to take initiative and work
- Experience in development and execution of comprehensive fundraising and/or communication plans. Understanding of how communications and annual fund feed the major gift
- Experience with Salesforce or comparable CRM
- Ability to communicate effectively across a wide range of audiences, including alumni, undergraduates, parents, donors, donor prospects, board members and other key
- Excellent writing and communication
- Willingness to travel, on a limited basis, as needed.
- Preferred experience with a fraternal organization/501(c)3
- Minimum 3 years of experience.
- $75,000 - $85,000 commensurate with experience