· Provide leadership, direction, planning and implementation of the strategic vision and brand for all aspects of marketing and communications for the Jewish Federation as a whole and its departments, programs and events.
· Ensure the Federation’s strategic focus is appropriately communicated in all outgoing materials, including partner agency, donor, corporate partnership, fundraising and general communications.
· Serve as liaison to Federation’s outside public relations firm to coordinate Federation external messaging through media releases and public service announcements, responses to the media on issues relevant to the organization and the Jewish community, and proposing media coverage of Federation activities.
· Develop high quality materials for fundraising and other major events, programs and initiatives and the Federation overall in coordination with. With department staff, determine strategy, content and design for all collateral materials.
· Coordinate and supervise regular communications with community and donors.
· Ensure effectiveness of the Federation’s messaging and impact in the community. Manage social media outreach.
· Works with Chief Advancement Officer to craft and coordinate direct mail fundraising solicitations and related marketing and outreach components.
· Work with Federation staff and volunteers to develop and implement outreach initiatives for new audiences and to expand engagement of current and potential segments and audiences through events, promotions and other communications/marketing efforts.
· Either directly manage or oversee via marketing staff the production of all events, including working with committee, professional staff and lay leadership to develop scripts, event materials and creative aspects of designing meaningful events.
· Produce the Federation’s Annual Report.
· Oversee an editorial, messaging and production calendar for the Federation.
· Provide excellent customer service to Federation departments and programs by advising, creating and executing communications and events that help all internal clients achieve their goals.
· Develop policies and procedures for marketing and communications that promote the interests of the Jewish Federation, support internal client departments and create efficient workflow.
· Other duties as assigned.