About Jewish National Fund-USA:
Unparalleled in the Jewish philanthropic world, Jewish National Fund-USA's strategic vision has been and always will be, to ensure a strong, secure, and prosperous future for the land and people of Israel. Everything we do -- every project, initiative, and campaign we take on – is integral to our vision of building and connecting to our land. We plant trees, build houses and parks, source water solutions, buy fire trucks, and improve the lives of people with special needs. We boost tourism, support Aliyah, promote Zionist education and engagement, build medical centers and trauma centers, fund agricultural and culinary research, and run an American semester abroad high school in Israel. We do all these things because each project, each program, each partnership, is consistent with our strategic vision – population growth in the north and south, connecting the next generation to Israel, infrastructure development, ecology, forestation, heritage preservation, and more -- all for the land and people of Israel.
Jewish National Fund seeks to recruit a Director for fundraising activities throughout Westchester County & Southern Connecticut/Fairfield County. You will be responsible for cultivating donors, maintaining existing relationships, and supporting the Tri State Campaign Team in all its efforts.
This position can be remote from your home office in Westchester or Southern Connecticut.
- Participating in all aspects of the gift cycle.
- In partnership with the Tri-State Executive Director, developing a strategy and plan for building prospect research and major gift solicitations.
- Face-to-face meetings for solicitation, cultivation, and recognition of donors, both new and prospective.
- Developing and identifying major gift prospects.
- Board and/or Committee development, cultivation, and membership where appropriate.
- Providing professional leadership and management for Boards and/or Committees.
- Mission recruitment.
- Event Planning.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4 years of relative experience in fundraising/sales.
- A track record of success and progressive accomplishments in financial resource development and fundraising management.
- Must be based in Westchester or Southern Connecticut and have knowledge of the local Jewish Community.
- Strong understanding of donor research, identification, cultivation and solicitation, and stewardship.
- Proven success in asking for and closing gifts and building and maintaining long-term relationships with donors.
- Presence and high comfort level to interact effectively with the leaders in the business community in the assigned area.
- A flexible and creative thinker able to find and create new giving opportunities for programs.
- Ability to respect and maintain donor confidentiality.
- Travel limited to the tristate area and Israel on occasion.
You may also have:
· Salesforce experience
- Days off for all work-prohibitive Jewish holidays, in addition to the secular US holidays
- 3pm close-of-business on Fridays
- Flexible expense account for mileage and donor meetings
- Top-notch healthcare (including dental and vision)
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid short and long-term disability
- 403(b) with generous employer contribution
- Opportunities to travel to Israel