About the Organization:
UJA-Federation of New York is the largest local philanthropy in the world. For more than 100 years, we’ve brought New Yorkers together to solve some of the most pressing problems facing our community. Thanks to our network of hundreds of non-profits, we can leverage our expertise across any number of areas — including health and human services, arts and culture, and education — to care for Jews everywhere and New Yorkers of all backgrounds, respond to crises close to home and far away, and shape our Jewish future. Our reach extends from New York to Israel to nearly 70 other countries around the world, touching 4.5 million people each year.
Visit our career site to learn more: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1075UJAF.
The Development Executive is responsible for the development and implementation of high-level fundraising/development strategies and goals focused on the Jewish community of Long Island. This position has a focus on creating new strategies for growing UJA’s donor base on Long Island, with special attention to engaging members of hyper local assigned communities. Responsibilities include research, engagement, cultivation, solicitation of funds, implementation of cultivation and fundraising events, committee meetings, educational projects, and hands-on activities. Collaboration on other regional projects, as appropriate.
· Expand the LI division revenue through deeper engagement of donors and new prospects.
· Develop and implement appropriate fundraising strategies to increase the dollars raised for the annual campaign from newly identified communities.
· Develop and implement appropriate strategies to increase the dollars raised for Planned Giving and Special Capital Initiatives.
· Employ a variety of fundraising techniques including face-to-face solicitations, fundraising events, educational programs, door openers, worker assignments, phone sessions, and written communications.
· Educate donors and prospects about the mission of UJA-Federation of New York through one-on-one and group cultivation activities, fundraising events, educational programs, mitzvah projects, agency visits, and missions.
· Identify and collaborate with lay leaders, inspiring them to serve as ambassadors for UJA-Federation to build new personal and business-connected relationships.
· Collaborate with staff in other campaign divisions to develop and support their initiatives to engage donors in events, missions and other opportunities.
· Organize small and large-scale fundraising and outreach events for the communities as well as those to be developed through strategic research and engagement.
· Organize and execute lay site visits to agencies, volunteer activities, and missions to Israel and other countries.
· Involve lay leadership in a strategic and planned manner. Provide necessary professional support to appropriate lay committees, including agenda setting, preparing reports and presentations, writing meeting notes, and providing necessary follow-up.
· Develop and implement a plan for post-event (divisional/boutique) follow-up, including contacting and meeting with prospects and new donors.
3. Donor Cultivation
· Develop and update research on individuals and companies appropriate to the portfolio. This includes identification of viable prospects through research, outreach and relationship-building.
· Maintain records of donor portfolios and evaluate progress regularly with supervisor.
· Think strategically and creatively about new constituencies and businesses, and recommend and implement fresh growth strategies, programs, and initiatives.
· Stay current on donors in portfolio as well as philanthropic trends. This includes reading newspapers, trade publications, journals, and other related materials.
· Participate in staff meetings and collaborate with Long Island staff and other fundraising divisions to develop and implement strategies involving donors across divisional lines.
· Work with the event management team on marketing, venue selection journal preparation and event program, as appropriate.
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Three plus years minimum work experience to include significant, demonstrable fundraising experience, including one-on-one and phone solicitation.
· High degree of comfort with high-net-worth donors.
· Working knowledge of zoom technology and facilitating virtual meetings and events
· Excellent interpersonal skills, relationship-building skills, and customer service orientation
· Knowledge of issues facing the Jewish community and passion for UJA-Federation’s mission
· Team player with the ability to multitask
· Must have strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
· Communication skills are extremely important, especially the art of listening
· Should be comfortable and adept at presenting and communicating via Zoom, Microsoft Teams and other remote-work applications.
· Entrepreneurial self-starter
The salary range for this role is $70,000 - $72,000; commensurate with experience and qualifications listed above.
How to Apply:
Equal Opportunity Employment. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please submit your application directly to our job board at https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1075UJAF.
Great Perks. Because We Appreciate Great Employees.
We offer a generous number of vacation days and have the Jewish holidays off as well. Fridays our offices close early (October to March at 3:00 pm and April to September at 4:00 pm). All so you can relax and recharge.
UJA provides a top-tier medical and dental plan, along with a flexible spending account. We also offer life insurance. And for a small cost you can take part in on-site yoga and exercise classes at our Manhattan office. Wellness matters to us.
Planning for Retirement:
UJA employees can enroll in a pension plan and tax deferred annuity.
Classes, workshops, and compelling speakers will keep you at the top of your game.
We come together as a staff to commemorate holidays (from Rosh Hashanah to MLK Day), volunteer at nonprofits, and celebrate our accomplishments together. (Our chocolate chip cookies are legendary!)
Some More (Yes, more!)
We also offer a backup childcare program. And a commuter benefit plan. So you can get to work and feel good about it.
Also, a lot of the times, we’re wearing jeans.