StandWithUs is an international, nonprofit, and nonpartisan Israel education organization that works to inspire and educate people of all ages about Israel, as well as challenge misinformation and fight antisemitism. Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Los Angeles, the organization has chapters and programs throughout the U.S., Israel, the UK, Canada, South Africa, Brazil, and the Netherlands.
Reporting to the Controller of StandWithUs, this Bookkeeper/AP Clerk is a full-time position and serves as an integral member of the accounting team. Annual salary range is $52,000 to $59,000, DOE and qualifications.
- Day-to-day accounting procedures (AP, AR, Expense Reimbursements, etc.)
- Processing payroll using Paychex
- Tracking and reconciling pledges, receivables, and monthly reconciliations
- Analyzing accounts, transactions, and procedures
- Assisting with month-end/quarter-end closing procedures
- Assisting with certain preparation of audits
- Bank reconciliations
- Preparing journal entries and maintaining files and records supporting general ledger transactions
- Assisting with special projects and reporting
- Vendor management including maintaining W-9s and preparing for 1099 filing
- 3+ years of experience in accounting/bookkeeping (general ledger, journal entries, payables, and bank reconciliation) is required
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks Desktop is a must
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge and Bill.com is a plus
- Knowledge of financial statements and reports is necessary
- Strong Excel skills required
- Must be organized and detail- and process-oriented
- Must be a proactive team player with strong communication skills
Must be able to work in the StandWithUs Los Angeles office Monday through Thursday. (Fridays may be remote.)
Please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected].