Ma’ayanot Yeshiva High School is widely recognized as one of the leading Modern Orthodox yeshivot in the country. Situated in the heart of Teaneck, NJ, Ma’ayanot has long been known for both the overall excellence of its academic program, as well as its holistic education that values the personal growth and development of each student supported by a robust co-curricular program, and multi-tiered guidance and support for students. Ma’ayanot was founded in 1996 with the commitment to offer advanced Torah and Academic studies that inspire the young women of our community towards a life-long commitment to Torah values and making a difference in our world. Ma’ayanot has approximately 325 students, (grades 9-12), 60 full- time faculty and staff members.
Under the direction and supervision of the Head of School, the Executive Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support across a variety of functional and administrative areas offering strategic support for the HOS and general support of school-wide projects and tasks. The ideal candidate for the EA role must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, be highly organized and capable at utilizing technology and automation to assist with organization and communication needs. The ideal candidate will be personable and cheerful with an ability to work independently with minimal supervision. The ideal candidate must be a clear thinker and able to quickly develop rapport with a variety of individuals and be able to manage the competing needs and desires of others while organizing and prioritizing a large body of work. This position requires a pleasant, upbeat and welcoming demeanor, professional judgment, discretion, diplomacy, and above all, complete confidentiality within the faculty/staff and larger school community. The individual in this role represents the school with a positive attitude and enthusiasm for the mission of the school.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide Administrative Assistance to the Head of School and Business office
- Greets visitors and provides a welcoming environment, practical guidance and support
- Screens calls and visitors, takes messages and connect requests with the appropriate parties
- Communicate on behalf of the HOS with a professional, positive, and encouraging manner
- Responsible for coordinating and scheduling and confirming all appointments for the HOS and other Business office needs as requested
- Coordinate and support planning, logistics, purchasing, and set up for school & community events
- Responsible for coordinating all details for HOS hosted events including but not limited to: meetings, small or large gatherings, celebrations or appreciation parties, special speaking engagements, etc.
- Compose correspondence, bulletins, memorandums or other materials on behalf of the HOS and other leadership team members
- Retains an ability to be flexible in all work situations and is not flustered or daunted by a fast pace work environment.
COMPETENCIES and EXPERIENCE
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work successfully and collaboratively with a wide range of people using strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills including the ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy in a clear, courteous, and professional manner
- Exceptional organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Effective time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks appropriately
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 1-2 years of office experience required. Experience in an academic office or school environment is a plus
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]