Program Associate, Teen Experiences, RootOne
The Jewish Education Project
New York, NY
Your Opportunity for Impact
RootOne is a “Jewish start-up” – an innovative, dynamic initiative that is pro-actively inspiring a generation of North American teens to be more confident and proud Jews as they enter the next stage of their lives. Along with its youth serving organization grantee partners, RootOne redefines and deepens the typical teen Israel summer trip experience so that its impact is long-lasting. It does so by reducing barriers to participation in immersive Israel teen summer experiences, and by elevating and diversifying those experiences to make them more accessible, relevant, and more impactful, to a wider audience of Jewish teens.
We know that an intentionally designed and well-facilitated immersive experience in Israel has the capacity to breathe vitality, passion and commitment among Jewish teens that could directly impact the future landscape of North American Jewish life. It provides a framework that allows Jewish teens to explore many of the issues that matter most to them as adolescents and as young Jews. Yet only a small percentage of North American Jewish teens spend time in Israel. RootOne aims to change that.
RootOne is an initiative of The Jewish Education Project, an agency committed to being at the forefront of ensuring that Jewish education remains relevant and meaningful in the lives of Jewish youth and their families today and tomorrow. For more information, please visit www.rootone.org and www.jewishedproject.org
Reporting to the Director of Experiential Education, the Program Associate for Teen Experiences serves as the primary customer-service point person for two specific stakeholder groups: a) teens and their families, and b) RootOne’s partner organizations.
This professional will successfully facilitate the operational management of each teen’s RootOne journey from initial contact through completion of RootOne’s Early Experience education program (specific details below). She/he/they will also support partner organizations, including Youth Serving Organizations, summer camps and Jewish community organizations, with teen recruitment, the registration process and in using RootOne’s teen portal.
Lastly, this professional will provide administrative support for the successful building and maintenance of RootOne’s online educational platform.
- Support teens and their families around teen Israel experience selection and registration, the voucher application process, navigating RootOne’s online educational platform, and online troubleshooting.
- Serve as communications point-person and customer service support, from initial contact to completion of early experiences, for teens and their families.
- Oversee the back-end management of the RootOne online education platform, teen portal, content creation website, and user management systems for content providers and trip provider partners.
- Lead the organizing and distribution of teen data for reporting to multiple partners and stakeholders.
- Design, introduce, and implement organizational systems to streamline administrative work.
- Provide support for Education, Marketing/Communications and Research/Evaluation teams.
- Provide additional administrative support as needed.
Who You Are
The ideal candidate is motivated, customer-focused, detail-oriented, proactive, organized, tech-savvy, comfortable with a start-up culture, and able to identify and focus on high-priority tasks and goals. The right candidate will assist in ongoing projects and demonstrate flexibility as the work evolves. This is an ideal position for someone interested in continuing their career in the non-profit field or in education administration, ready to gain an understanding and make an impact via a hands-on approach.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment with a forward-thinking mindset
- Tech fluency (usage, not programming) and competency in Microsoft Office, Zoom, Salesforce, and other customer relations management (CRM) systems, learning management systems (LMS), and help desk systems.
- Ability to articulate complex ideas to team, supervisors, and RootOne’s constituents and stakeholders
- Adaptable and willing to take on new and changing efforts as our work continues to develop
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Displays leadership and initiative in all aspects of work
- A self-starter who takes responsibility and ownership over their portfolio and can work independently
- Positive attitude and commitment to RootOne at The Jewish Education Project’s mission and vision
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Candidates enrolled in evening/weekend programs in pursuit of bachelor's will be considered. Experience in informal and/or formal education technology is a plus
- Candidates with diverse racial, cultural, educational, and experiential backgrounds are urged to Familiarity with Jewish communal structures not required.
What We Offer
- Salary in the range of $60,000-$65,000, depending upon experience
- Three weeks paid time off in year 1; increasing incrementally on a set schedule
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Paid family leave
- 401k plan
- Commuter benefits
- Early close on Fridays for Sabbath and closed for most Jewish holidays
- Shortened summer hours
- A positive work environment with exposure to great learning opportunities and the chance to work with some of the top professionals in the field of Jewish Education
How to Apply
- Please submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please include the job title in the email subject line
- The Jewish Education Project is an equal opportunity
Where You Will Work: Hybrid work environment with Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays at 520 Eighth Avenue, 15th Floor, New York, NY 10018 – Mondays and Fridays work from home.
The Jewish Education Project aims to select, place and train the best qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as work quality, attitude and experience, so as to provide equal employment opportunity for all our employees in compliance with applicable local, state, and federal laws and without regard to non-work related factors such as race, color, religion/creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected class. We encourage and support diversity and tolerance in our workplace.