The Milton and Betty Katz JCC is seeking an experienced, all-year Day Camp Director who will be responsible for the administration and management of Camp By The Sea, as well as other duties. Responsibilities include the development of programs and activities furthering Jewish identity through the integration of Jewish Values/life/culture into camping programs. Successful candidate will serve as a member of the JCC's Program Staff team, responsible for the strategic direction of the day camp, the development of summer weekend and off-season programming and rentals.
The Camp Director will be expected to serve as a catalyst, motivator and innovator of programs and services that will cultivate relationships with community and families with Camp By The Sea; while providing the highest quality day camping programs and services in accordance with national standards. Other responsibilities will be developed based on the background of the candidate.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s Degree and 4 years’ experience in a related field or a master’s degree, with 2 years related experience, in an area of recreation or human services or related field is preferred.
Experience: Minimum of three years of day camp management is preferred.
Computer Skills: Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, EXCEL, and Outlook) and Camp Management Software knowledge a plus.
- Ability to articulate the JCC vision and implement into action.
- Ability to form warm relationships with multiple constituencies, including parents, campers, staff, lay leaders and future donors.
- An understanding of program design focused on social, emotional and physical growth for children and youth.
- Jewish literacy and commitment to building community.
- Experience in developing and managing a budget which is a major contributor to the overall Agency budget.
- Experience leading, motivating, supporting and managing staff in a supervisory capacity
- Ability to motivate others, work with a team and be able to develop a team
- Must be Resourceful, and be able to plan, and be a strong strategic thinker.
- An understanding of the camp as a larger part of the JCC
- Strong written and verbal communication skill
- Must be able to work well under pressure and handle stressful situations
55,000 - 65,000
Discounted Childcare! Special discounts on Early Childhood Education Center Childcare Fees & Camp Tuition
FREE Fitness Center Membership
Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits Available for Full Time Staff
Paid Sick & Vacation Time Based on Full & Part Time Status
Discounts on JCC Programs & Services
The majority of our programming operates in the Milton and Betty Katz Jewish Community Center by the beautiful Atlantic Ocean and its expansive beaches located at 501 N Jerome Avenue, Margate, NJ. We are a non-profit, and there are lots of room for growth and learning opportunities.
The mission of the Milton and Betty Katz JCC of Atlantic County is to foster an appreciation of Jewish identity, values and culture, to promote the health, education and welfare of our members, to strengthen Jewish family life, to build a sense of community and ensure Jewish continuity for our children, our children's children, and ourselves.
Here at the JCC we are committed to creating an inclusive culture where all employees feel welcomed and valued.