Temp to Perm – Communications and Events Coordinator
WIZO USA, is a nonprofit women’s organization and independent federation affiliated with World WIZO headquartered in Israel. Since 1959, WIZO is recognized by the United Nations as a non-governmental organization (NGO) with consultative status in the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) and the United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF).
Since 1982, WIZO NY, a volunteer organization that also serves as WIZO USA Headquarters, has been unwaveringly committed to supporting our projects and programs for the women, children and elderly in Israel. WIZO NY and our sister chapters across the country are responsible for operating and maintaining 9 Day Care centers, 2 Youth Villages and Dormitories for youth at risk, 2 Shelters for Battered Women and their children, and a center for the Prevention of Violence as part of the 800 project network WIZO operates throughout the country.
In the United states WIZO aims to strengthen the bonds between Israel and American Jewry by promoting Jewish identity and education. WIZO New York is a charitable tax-exempt organization pursuant to Section 501(C)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Tax ID: 13-3041381
The Women's International Zionist Organization (WIZO)?is seeking a Communications and Events Coordinator to assist on donor communications, event planning and execution, social media, and digital marketing. Interns will receive practical, hands on experience and gain a working knowledge of all aspects of non-profit organization and best practices.
Part time. Evening and weekend work may be required. This position pays $22-23 per hour depending on experience.
- Develop working knowledge of the Organization
- Positive attitude
- Desire for personal and professional growth
- Demonstrate initiative and leadership skills
- Exhibit respect and courtesy when dealing with others
- Donor communication writing experience including appeals and invitations
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- Working knowledge of social media platforms
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet deadlines effectively and efficiently
- Time management skills, organizational skills, and strong attention to detail
- Pleasant phone demeanor
- Experience with Canva preferred
- Knowledge of Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge or similar nonprofit software a plus
- Graphic design a plus
- Writing communications including thank you emails, solicitation letters and invitations
- Customer service duties including answering phone calls and emails
- Pulling of email lists from Raiser’s Edge for paperless post and constant contact
- Generation of electronic invites for events utilizing canva
- Assisting in the planning of events including galas, dinners, family events, seminars, and more
- Tracking RSVPs and attendance in Raiser’s Edge
- Running errands nearby (post office, UPS, buying event materials, etc.)
- Assisting with Instagram and Facebook utilizing canva
- Assisting with company e-newsletter
- Assisting with website updates
Send resume and cover letter to [email protected].