Who We Are:
Moishe (pronounced moy-shuh) House is what being Jewish in your 20s is all about. Launched in 2006 when four friends began hosting Shabbat dinners in their home, Moishe House provides a space for over 70,000 young adults around the world to create meaningful, welcoming Jewish communities for themselves and their peers each year. To date, there are more than 150 communities in over 40 countries, and we’re still growing!
Moishe House is seeking an Associate Director, Revenue Integration to manage our revenue and grant process as well as related financial system integrations. This position reports to the Sr. Director, Financial Planning & Analysis, based in a Moishe House Hub Office, with preference for Encinitas, CA.
All voices are needed at Moishe House. Every new member of the Moishe House team is an opportunity for us to introduce fresh perspectives, talent, and skills into our workforce and our communities. We seek employees from diverse backgrounds, faiths, and life experiences to join our team located in the United States, South America, Europe, and the former Soviet Union. Our vision, in part, is for a fair and equitable workplace, where diversity is celebrated and can truly flourish.
Who You Are and What You’ll Do:
- You believe in our mission and bring creativity, innovation, and hard work to our team.
- You bring a passion for serving others, place high value in being part of a strong team, and want to be part of a dynamic, inspirational organization.
- You are an experienced leader and people manager.
- You have deep knowledge of nonprofit finance processes with a focus on grant and revenue recognition and reporting.
- You have proven experience with financial system integrations.
- You’ll play a key role in managing our accounting and reporting processes, including:
- Performance management and supervision of the Grant Accounting team
- Overseeing and managing the Accounts Receivable and Revenue Recognition processes to ensure GAAP and audit compliance
- Developing new and maintaining current integration solutions between fundraising (CRM) and financial systems to maximize automation and minimize manual entries
- Leading revenue related portions of the quarterly and year-end financial audit to ensure correct and timely closing and reporting at year-end
- Assessing current departmental and organizational practices and procedures, and making recommendations for improvements
- Preparing, reviewing, and analyzing financial statements and grant reports to ensure accuracy and completeness
- You’ll provide direct supervision, training, development, and coaching for the Accounts Payable staff, and maintain strong employee relationships
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree; additional four years’ full-time accounting or finance work experience may be substituted for the degree.
- You have a minimum of 5 years’ relevant full-time professional experience with progressive responsibilities, with at least 3 years of supervisory experience
- You have significant experience using Sage Intacct accounting software (preferred).
- You have significant experience using Sales Force (preferred).
- You have experience with integrating a financial system with a CRM (strongly preferred).
- You demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication abilities across all levels of an organization
- You possess leadership skills with a dedication to driving and achieving results
- You demonstrate advanced-level proficiency with Microsoft Office and other office management tools.
- You have the ability to monitor several projects at all times, to work well under pressure, to manage time effectively, and to work across various teams and time zones.
- You embrace the Moishe Mindset: Be the Difference, Connect & Listen, Invest Wisely, Embrace the Unknown, Own It!, Value People, and Work Well, Live Well, and Have Fun!
- You are eligible to work in the United States without employer sponsorship.
The Fine Print:
The Associate Director, Revenue Integration is a full-time, year-round position, and requires weekday office hours to complete job requirements. This position works in one of our U.S. hub offices (Encinitas, Chicago, New York City, Washington, D.C., or Charlotte). This position is supervised by the Sr. Director, Financial Planning & Analysis.
Our team works a hybrid schedule in one of our U.S. Hub Offices, where employees can choose to work remotely 2 days per week and collaborate in-person with coworkers the rest of the week.
Moishe House requires "full vaccination" for all staff to travel, work in offices, and participate in any Moishe House group gatherings. We use the CDC's definition of "full vaccination" as the standard, with variations based on country as needed.
How Moishe House Takes Care of You:
- Healthcare: Health, vision, dental, and mental health benefits ($0 employee contribution option available)
- Time off: 15 days paid time off (PTO) per year that increases with continued employment (additional benefits for former Hillel and BBYO employees through the Talent Alliance) PLUS office closures and up to 7 floating holidays for Jewish and US holidays
- 401(k): up to 3% matching after one year of employment
- Flexible Spending Account options
- Quarterly paid day of service to give back to your community
- Highly qualified, creative, and go-getter teammates and a dedicated supervisor
- Company discounts on flights, hotels, sporting events, concerts amusement parks, gyms, and more through Plum Benefits
- Schedule options to accommodate your work and lifestyle
- Opportunity to work in one of our Moishe House Hub Offices (Charlotte, Chicago, Encinitas, CA, Washington, DC, or NYC)!
How Moishe House Pays You:
- Moishe House’s starting salary ranges are based on education, experience, location, and skillset required for each role
- Starting salary range for this position (though, if you have a different level of experience and a different compensation target in mind, let's talk!):
- Charlotte, NC: $64,000-$68,000
- Chicago, IL or Encinitas, CA: $66,000-$70,000
- NYC or DC: $70,000-$73,000
- Annual merit-based salary increases
How Moishe House Invests in You:
- $1,0000 USD annual professional development fund
- One-on-one Jewish learning with an educator of your choice
- Local professional learning opportunities
- Opportunities for advancement through career path planning
Moishe House is a dynamic organization that recognizes and supports individuals from a broad range of experiences and backgrounds. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation.