Job Title: Community Service Coordinator
Reports to: clergy member overseeing this work
FLSA Status: Part-time; Non-exempt; hourly (10-15 hours per week)
Salary and Benefits: $25-30/hour, ability to work remotely some of the time
Temple Rodef Shalom is a Reform Jewish congregation located in the Northern Virginia suburbs just outside Washington, DC. Since our founding in 1962, we have grown into the largest Jewish congregation in Virginia, serving over 1,800 households. We are bustling with activity: We serve over 200 families in our Early Childhood Center, nearly 800 students in our Religious School program, and hundreds of people each week who walk through our doors to pray, sing, learn, connect, and mark life cycle moments.
Social Action and Tikkun Olam (Repairing the World) are critical values of the congregation and we are fortunate to participate in 1-2 major service projects each month. The Community Service Coordinator will provide administrative, communications, and logistical support to the clergy and lay leadership team who manage community service projects at TRS.
- Collaborate with lay leaders and clergy to develop community service programs
- Develop and manage a system for recruiting and organizing congregant volunteers
- Manage community service calendar and room/resource requests
- Create marketing content for publicity across various platforms: weekly e-letters, standalone emails, monthly written publications, social media
- Manage communications with volunteers and potential volunteers
- Ensure project details are shared with volunteers in a timely fashion
- Respond to congregant inquiries about service opportunities
- Purchase supplies, track expenses and submit reimbursement requests to the finance team
Required Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills: able to communicate effectively with all levels of internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and keep track of multiple work streams simultaneously
- Detail-oriented, organized, driven, energetic and mission-focused
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, particularly Excel
- Can work both independently and collaboratively
- Must be able to work at a computer for 2-3 hours at a time
- Experience with Excel and/or other tracking software is required.
Temple Rodef Shalom is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment. The Temple does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. Employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business needs.