Congregation Beth Torah (CBT) is a warm, welcoming, participatory, egalitarian, modern, Conservative Jewish synagogue located in Richardson, TX. We currently serve approximately 300 from North Dallas and the surrounding areas. We embrace and support life cycle needs and include all people and all ages of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities.
CBT is actively looking to hire a Chief Administrator (CA) to manage our synagogue's day-to-day operations and non-clergy professional staff. The CA will work closely with the Executive Team, Board, Rabbi, lay leadership, and volunteers to implement congregational goals. The CA is responsible for administrative, financial, and business operations in addition to supporting congregational, religious, and membership services.
The CA reports to the Board of Directors with the President as the primary contact.
RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The Chief Administrator position provides an incredible opportunity for someone with a high- level of leadership and management experience as well as day-to-day, hands-on abilities, particularly in operations, finance, and facilities. The CA supervises all non-clergy full- and part- time staff positions.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- 5+ years in a management leadership role in a synagogue, ideally with a large (300+ households) and diverse membership or equivalent experience with a nonprofit organization;
- Strong experience with technology and systems needed to successfully manage a nonprofit;
- Significant financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, reporting, and management skills with proven experience evaluating and utilizing financial, communications, and database software and web-based technology;
- Understanding of fundraising best practices in a similar environment.
- Familiarity with Jewish ritual, holiday, and life-cycle traditions, and experience working for or volunteering with Jewish service organization (preferred)
- Bachelors’ degree required in a relevant field.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Membership in North American Association of Synagogue Executives or National Association of Temple Administrators a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
If you have the experience and abilities listed above and a passion to help lead Congregation Beth Torah, please submit your resume with a letter of introduction for consideration to: [email protected]