itrek introduces tomorrow’s leaders in business, law, policy and STEM to Israel, helping them experience the country firsthand through peer-led, week-long treks. itrek’s unique peer-led model empowers students at the world’s top graduate programs to craft and lead an authentic experience for their classmates; experiences that reflect the diverse interests of the program’s participants and fields of study. Whether it’s meeting with members of Knesset, justices of the Supreme Court or technology companies, every trek brings Israel to life through a combination of education, culture and fun. Since its founding in 2011, over 20,000 graduate students across 103 nationalities have visited Israel with itrek, returning to campus with a more nuanced understanding and appreciation of Israel.
itrek is a growing 25-person team based in New York and Israel that continues to operate as a fast-moving and nimble organization. We love exploring new ideas and collaborating as a team to push ourselves and our thinking.
The itrek Network is the alumni network of itrek Leaders and participants. The Network provides opportunities for alumni to continue experiencing and learning more about Israel through in-person and virtual events, to reunite with their trek friends, and build on their leadership.
Reporting to the itrek Network Director, this position will work as a vital part of the Growth Department (Fundraising & Alumni Engagement) to support post-trek alumni engagement around the world. In addition to developing relationships with alumni, the Associate will manage various operational and administrative needs for the Network and coordinate virtual and in-person alumni events and programs. Beyond existing Network offerings, the Associate will assist with the development of pilot programs, ideating on engagement strategies and testing their scalability. The Associate will also support the alumni social media channels. The ideal candidate is a go-getter, able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and independently, and gets excited by the idea of problem solving.
- Build and strengthen connections with a portfolio of alumni including introducing new alumni to the itrek Network
- Support and manage the maintenance and growth of current alumni offerings, from cooking events to reunions to book clubs
- Manage several online platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Slack) by responding to posts and increasing engagement
- Coordinate the “Welcome to the itrek Network” experience, including sending email communications
- Prepare presentations for organizational stakeholders, boards, and committees, with particular focus working closely with the Alumni Board
- Collaborate with the Alumni Engagement and Programming teams to develop and execute alumni programming at itrek’s annual conference
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Prior involvement in community engagement, program development or marketing preferred, which can include internships and volunteer work.
- Self-driven, results-oriented, and loves testing new ideas
- Strong creative, interpersonal and communication skills, including excellent writing abilities
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to manage deadlines and multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Enjoys creating and implementing new systems and comfortable with learning new technologies
- Passion for itrek’s mission and embrace of nuance and open dialogue around Israel
- Flexible and collaborative spirit; sense of humor a must
- Dynamic and fast growing non-profit organization
- Generous vacation time package including Jewish and American holidays and the ability to leave early for Shabbat and Jewish holidays
- Paid sick leave and parental leave
- High quality Medical, Vision and Dental Plans available
- 5% company match on retirement savings in company 401k
Salary range $50,000-$60,000; commensurate with experience
If you have questions, please email [email protected]
itrek is a hybrid work environment with a minimum of two days per week in the office. To be employed by itrek you must be fully vaccinated and to work in the office/attend in-person company events, you either need to be up-to-date with your booster shot or comply with a testing requirement.
itrek is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.