Westchester Day School, a thoughtful community of educators, seeks a full time (part time will be considered) Psychologist to join our dynamic and expert faculty. Established in 1948 in Mamaroneck, NY, Westchester Day School, a Modern Orthodox, co-educational, dual curriculum Jewish elementary school (2-year-olds through 8th grade), prepares students to live as mensches and lifelong learners and inspires them to impact the world around them by cultivating a commitment to Torah, midot, community and academic rigor. The Psychologist will work across Divisions with 2 year olds through 8th graders.
- Counsel students individually and in small groups on as-needed and ongoing basis
- Consult with parents, teachers and administrators on social-emotional, behavioral, and learning concerns
- Support teachers’ mental health and promote growth oriented, psychologically healthy community
- Lead case management for students with support services
- Coordinate referrals to and collaboration with outside providers and participate in CPSE/CSE meetings as needed
- Design and support Social-Emotional Learning programs
- NYS licensed Psychologist
- Expertise in behavioral interventions with children and families
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Interested and capable of working in a collaborative, dynamic, stimulating school environment
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV to Dr. Naomi Adler, Director, Student Support Services, [email protected].