Santa Barbara Hillel
Santa Barbara Hillel seeks a highly organized, detail-oriented individual with strong office administration and facilities management skills to serve as our Operations Manager. This is a full-time position with excellent benefits, and is available to start December 2021 or January 2022. It includes some evenings and weekend hours to support programs and events. There is a greater workload during the academic year, with somewhat lighter hours during the summer and other school break periods. You will find a full list of responsibilities below.
What You’ll Bring to the Job
- Office administration, facilities management, and financial record-keeping experience.
- Attention to detail, flexibility, sense of humor, and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team, be willing to lead or assist with program and facility setup and breakdown, and have the ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments. Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Minimum of three years relevant work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
What You’ll Do and What You’re Great At
- Monitor and manage day-to-day and long-term business relationships and administrative functions
- Maintain relations with all vendors and service providers
- Manage all incoming correspondence
- Manage internal calendaring of events
- Maintain record of Board of Trustees agendas and minutes
- Oversee technology systems including computers, phones, voice mail, etc.
- Provide and/or manage administrative and logistical support for the staff, student leadership and lay leaders
- Provide staff support for major events, special projects and assignments as needed
- Oversee maintenance of building and facilities
- Ensure that the building and grounds are welcoming, clean and well maintained
- Direct and supervise the work of janitorial service, gardener and other tradespeople
- Coordinate scheduling of facilities and outside rentals
- Maintain office, kitchen and building supplies inventory, including regular and special shopping/purchasing for programs and events
- Payroll liaison – processing and administration of bi-weekly payroll
- HR liaison – new employee on-boarding, benefit communication, vacation tracking
- Hiring and managing of student workers and Work/Study Program
- Manage accounts payable, including writing checks
- Process donations – Including credit card donations and bank deposits
- Coordinate with lead development professional to ensure proper management of Hillel’s donor database, including tracking systems and reports
- Supervise and ensure timely and accurate processing of all donations with team
- Assist with event planning, coordination and staffing for Hillel events and activities throughout the year with team
- Shabbat, holiday, and special event logistics
- Other duties as determined by the Executive Director
What You’ll Receive
- Competitive salary in the non-profit marketplace. The salary range for this role is $50,000 - $65,000.
- A comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, Group Supplemental Retirement Annuity (GSRA), pension plan, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), Flexible Spending Plan, generous vacation/sick time, and parental leave
- Great professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities
- A breathtaking view of the mountains from your office, three-minute walk to the beach, a tight knit staff team and support system, an always plentiful snack cabinet, and perfect weather year-round
About Santa Barbara Hillel
Located on the beach in one of the most beautiful places on earth, Santa Barbara Hillel is the center for Jewish student life at UCSB and SBCC. Santa Barbara Hillel offers a variety of religious, educational, cultural, social, and community service programs, and is an integral part of the Santa Barbara community. We own our spectacular Hillel building just off campus in Isla Vista.
About Hillel International
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
Santa Barbara Hillel is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all. Apply at www.Hillel.org/Jobs and include your cover letter, resume, and three references including contact information.