About the Organization:
UJA-Federation of New York is the largest local philanthropy in the world. For more than 100 years, we’ve brought New Yorkers together to solve some of the most pressing problems facing our community. Thanks to our network of hundreds of non-profits, we can leverage our expertise across any number of areas — including health and human services, arts and culture, and education — to care for Jews everywhere and New Yorkers of all backgrounds, respond to crises close to home and far away, and shape our Jewish future. Our reach extends from New York to Israel to nearly 70 other countries around the world, touching 4.5 million people each year.
Visit our career site to learn more: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1075UJAF.
The Marketing Data Specialist works as an integral part of the Marketing and Communications team in the tracking, management, reporting, and quality assurance of marketing data to support strategic objectives. This role works closely with the marketing channel managers and the IT team to ensure smooth and accurate data flows between systems and to conceive, create, maintain, and automate reporting on various platforms to deliver reliable, timely, and user-friendly reports to internal stakeholders. The role reports to the Digital Strategy Manager.
- Collect digital and direct response performance data across multiple platforms including but not limited to Google Analytics, Google Ads, Microsoft Ads, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, and Facebook Ads.
- Interface with IT partners to ensure accurate selection of audience data for direct and digital channel communications.
- Perform QA checks on reports created by IT and collaborate closely with IT partners to expand cross-platform and cross-channel reporting capacity.
- Use SQL, Excel, and data visualization tools to create, maintain, and automate accurate and user-friendly dashboards that highlight relevant KPIs for stakeholders on the Marketing and Communications team.
- Support the Digital and Direct Marketing team in presenting data-driven strategic insights that will proactively identify opportunities to improve performance in both the short and long term.
- Oversee digital A/B and split testing to ensure it follows best practices and produces readable results.
- Fulfill ad hoc digital data requests from internal stakeholders across the organization.
- Assist in benchmarking UJA’s marketing performance against industry standards.
- Maintain awareness of marketing industry trends, digital platform trends, and reporting best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related business discipline.
- Minimum three years of work experience (preferably in a digital marketing environment) with a track record of meeting deadlines while maintaining superior attention to detail.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel proficiency is essential.
- Expert knowledge of Google Analytics, including GA4.
- Ability to query data using SQL.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Looker, Tableau, Power BI, or Salesforce Datorama (Power BI or Datorama preferred).
- Demonstrated ability to develop proficiency with new technologies and platforms.
- Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and adhere to deadlines while managing multiple projects and complex processes.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently within a larger team.
How to Apply:
Equal Opportunity Employment. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please submit your application directly to our job board at https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1075UJAF.
Great Perks. Because We Appreciate Great Employees.
We offer a generous number of vacation days and have the Jewish holidays off as well. Fridays our offices close early (October to March at 3:00 pm and April to September at 4:00 pm). All so you can relax and recharge.
UJA provides a top-tier medical and dental plan, along with a flexible spending account. We also offer life insurance. And for a small cost you can take part in on-site yoga and exercise classes at our Manhattan office. Wellness matters to us.
Planning for Retirement:
UJA employees can enroll in a pension plan and tax deferred annuity.
Classes, workshops, and compelling speakers will keep you at the top of your game.
We come together as a staff to commemorate holidays (from Rosh Hashanah to MLK Day), volunteer at nonprofits, and celebrate our accomplishments together. (Our chocolate chip cookies are legendary!)
Some More (Yes, more!)
We also offer a backup childcare program. And a commuter benefit plan. So you can get to work and feel good about it.
Also, a lot of the times, we’re wearing jeans.