Who We Are: For nearly 150 years, JFS of St. Louis has offered compassionate support and practical solutions to help people in greater St. Louis navigate life’s challenges. Our professional staff assist the elderly, protect children at risk, provide food and services to those in need, support families, and enhance community connections. We serve people in need, inclusive of all ages, races, religions, ethnicities, genders and sexual orientations. JFS is a dynamic organization, with committed volunteers and talented staff dedicated to an inspiring mission.
Summary: The Clinical Services Director (CSD) coordinates JFS’ comprehensive clinical services and is a change agent for innovation while maintaining and strengthening all department operations. The CSD contributes creative solutions to challenges and effectively communicates with team members and clients to provide a high level of client service. The CSD provides leadership and supervision to ensure that JFS clients achieve their goals and ensures consistent implementation of client care policies and procedures. Responsibilities include collaboration with community stakeholders to expand services; compliance with federal and state regulations; establishing departmental policies, goals, and impact objectives; and budget and grant preparation and monitoring.
- Researches and communicates community needs and determines the evidence- and research-based interventions for impacting change.
- Provides direction and leads the integrated coordination of planning, development and implementation of all JFS clinical programs.
- Establishes and implements short and long-range clinical department goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates staff and program utilization and effectiveness; and effects indicated changes require for performance and quality improvement (PQI).
- Reviews and maintains client care protocols and standards, ensuring that all federal and state policies, regulations, and guidelines for client care are met.
- Trains, supervises, evaluates and promotes clinical staff.
- Ensures equitable access to services and equitable outcomes for all JFS clients. Promotes and ensures successful implementation of all clinical department-related DEI efforts.
- Implements strategies for generating resources and/or clinical revenues for JFS.
- Implements and evaluates all JFS clinical care services, as well as all associated administrative operations and activities.
- Serves as a member of the Performance and Quality Improvement (PQI) team by reviewing essential service delivery processes.
- Supervises clerical support staff as needed.
- Represents the agency at various community and/or partner agency meetings; promotes existing and new programs.
- Provides and organizes ongoing training sessions for staff as needed.
- Demonstrates teamwork and support of the JFS mission and values.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Complies with all JFS and associated organizations’ policies and standards.
Qualifications: To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with varying abilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: PhD in clinical psychology preferred; Master’s Degree in psychology, clinical social work, or counseling required.
Work Experience: A minimum of five years of clinical supervisory experience, including clinical and developmental psychologists, educational diagnosticians, and/or psychological examiners.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of clinical programs, best practice standards, evidence-based treatment methods and outcome measurement.
- Skill in examining clinical procedures and implementing new strategies.
- Knowledge of evaluation and statistics methods.
- Ability to supervise/train staff and to foster a cooperative work environment among clinical therapists, psychiatrists and diagnostic testers.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills, presentation skills, and the ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders, in a diverse community.
- Ability to respond to sensitive and confidential client issues, including, but not limited to: crisis intervention, managing violent individuals, child sexual and physical abuse, domestic abuse, sexual orientation, gender identity, drug/alcohol dependency/abuse, and divorce.
- Ability to use general office equipment, computers, and related software programs.
Licenses, Certifications and Professional Affiliations: Missouri Licensure as clinical social worker, counselor, or clinical psychologist required.
- Social Workers
- Psychological Examiners
- School-Based and Office-Based Therapists
Work Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment. Includes time in other agencies, schools and community locations.
Physical Demands: This position requires prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Travel: Travel may be required for meetings with individuals and/or groups in other agencies, schools or community locations.
Benefits: JFS offers the following benefits to all full-time employees:
- Traditional PPO or High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) Medical Plans.
- $50 per month for employee only coverage.
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Healthcare Savings Account (HSA)
- JFS contributes $100 per month to your HSA after establishing an account.
- Employer paid short-term disability.
- Eligible first of the month after employment.
- Employer paid life/Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance.
- 2X your salary.
- Eligible first of the month after one year of employment.
- Employer paid long-term disability.
- 60% of your monthly salary.
- Eligible first of the month after one year of employment.
- Voluntary Life/Accidental Death & Dismemberment.
- Voluntary Accident
- Voluntary Critical Illness
- Voluntary Hospital Indemnity
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
Other: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
JFS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, ability, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.