The JCC Mid-Westchester is seeking a full time Development Manager to join the development team. Reporting to the Chief Development Officer the Development Manager supports the daily operations of the Development Department through relational, administrative, logistical, and strategic work.
About JCC Mid-Westchester
JCC Mid-Westchester (JCCMW) is a diverse, multi-generational center in Westchester located on the New Rochelle/Scarsdale border. Centered on our Jewish Values, we open our door as widely as possible to offer participants educational, social, cultural and recreational activities to inspire joyous lives and strengthen community.
Challenges and Opportunities
We are looking for an organized self-starter who is passionate about community, enjoys collaborating as part of a small team, supporting and advancing JCCMW’s efforts to raise awareness and funds from individuals, foundations, and corporations. Ideally, you have development experience – especially working with a donor database – and understand the important and essential nature of this work, coupled with the drive to take on additional responsibilities and grow with the institution. You are confident working in a professional yet relatable manner with a variety of stakeholders including Board members, volunteers and the public.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain a database of constituents, including but not limited to – gift processing and entry, segmenting of donors, donor recognition, reporting and analysis, list management, and donor management (ex: entry of relationships, plans, contact reports and relevant notes).
- Manage annual gala and other special events throughout the year
- Opportunity to manage a portfolio of low to mid-level annual fund donors and prospects.
- Provide guidance and support for all patron engagement and donor outreach including foundation and corporate grant writing
- Prepare and organize timely donor communication including direct mail, e-appeals, gift acknowledgements and acknowledgment letters.
- Handle donor inquiries and correspondence via mail, phone, email and in-person.
- Support CDO with board relations and management, such as-providing weekly income reports; quarterly highlights to include in board report and attending committee meetings as needed, in preparing agendas and taking minutes.
- Work closely with the finance team to manage, reconcile, and track various types of donations including recurring donations, in-kind gifts, honor/memorial gifts and matching gifts.
- Help identify areas for data clean up and streamlining in donor database management system.
- Conduct research on prospects as potential sources of private funds.
- Opportunity to help hire and manage future development assistant and interns ? Occasional weekend and evening work for scheduled events and meetings will be required.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented; able to multitask.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive and productive relationships with donors, volunteers, Board, and colleagues.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and work with multiple departments and volunteer committees.
- Maintain poise and patience when dealing with the public, as well as with major and high-profile donors always maintaining diplomacy and grace under pressure.
- Ability to engage in collaborative work with minimal direction; but understands when to ask for help or guidance.
- Solid analytical, creative, and problem-solving abilities
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, including excellent interpersonal, networking, and presentation skills.
- Must possess the highest degree of discretion and confidentiality.
- Must include a cover letter
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 4 years working within a nonprofit fundraising environment or transferrable/relatable experience.
- Strong database skills ? Knowledge of fundraising processes a plus
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills; proficient in standard word processing, spreadsheet and database software applications
- Experience implementing special events and programs
- Occasional weekends and evenings required