Position: Communications/Events Coordinator
Hours: Monday- Thursday 9:00 – 5:00 pm, and Friday 9:00 – 3:00
Must have some flexibility to attend weekend and evening events as needed
Reports to: Executive Director
- Coordinate and support the TBE Communications and Marketing Team in promoting TBE internally and externally and attend committee meetings as scheduled.
- Design and generate internal and external marketing materials, brochures, flyers, and promotional materials for all events/programs aligned with TBE brand standards.
- Create and edit a bi-monthly bulletin highlighting all TBE programs and events.
- Coordinate with an outside printer for externally printed materials.
- Create and print Shabbat Shalom (weekly service program) for Friday, Saturday, and other services.
- Create forms and registration materials for all programs, classes, and events.
- Implement a communication timeline as directed by Executive Director and Communications team.
- Manage & maintaining TBE’s website hosted by ShulCloud, ensuring that all information is timely, current, and accurate.
- Provide clear and concise email communications to members and prospective members using Constant Contact and ShulCloud (an integrated synagogue management tool).
- Be part of the social media team to promote Temple Beth-El directly, ensuring traffic and content on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and other platforms.
- Maintain and groom email subscription list.
- Update outside media with upcoming events when needed.
- Work closely with the Executive Director to ensure coordination of all Temple events, including High Holidays, Special Events, Shabbat, and Life cycle activities.
- Create and manage task lists and schedules for events.
- Assist in keeping others on target to meet goals
- Create and maintain ShulCloud registrations and a spreadsheet with as needed.
- Inventory and order supplies needed for events
- Coordinate outside vendors and details required to create seamless execution
- Create and manage event registration through ShulCloud
- Effectively communicate with internal staff and volunteers to ensure successful events.
Part of a busy and vibrant team:
- Assist staff as needed, per the Executive Director.
- Work cooperatively with office staff to provide coverage of phones and doors and greet visitors.
- Provide callers and visitors with information. Relay messages to appropriate staff personnel.
- Attend weekly and Monthly staff meetings and lunches.
- Must have team spirit and positive attitude
- Experience working with Constant Contact, social media platforms, Website management, Microsoft office suite, Canva, and Adobe
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities with changing priorities
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Communications, hospitality or comparable
Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation based on experience
- Health, vision, and Dental insurance available (with employee contributions
- Synagogue membership
- Paid Holidays, sick and vacation time