Precollege Programs at Brandeis offer academically rigorous learning experiences for rising freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors in high school. Through our Precollege programs, we provide opportunities for high school students to explore academic pursuits with accomplished Brandeis faculty and with a group of peers from different backgrounds, cultures, and practices, while previewing college student life. We create community for Jewish teens through our signature Genesis program, which seeks to build a strong, vibrant community of future Jewish leaders.
Brandeis Precollege is seeking academically-oriented Teaching Assistants for the 2022 Genesis program, to be held on campus at Brandeis University in Waltham, MA. Genesis is a four-week academic and Jewish identity-building program designed for high school students interested in Jewish learning and living. Participants explore the principles and practices of Jewish leadership, culminating in a capstone project, which is presented as part of the Student Showcase at the end of the program. The classroom experience is complemented by trips, activities, workshops and presentations from leaders in the field.
- Living in dorms and providing oversight, supervision and troubleshooting for teens in partnership with other Genesis staff;
- Providing supervision during all programming;
- Performing tasks as needed in dormitories (ie, roommate issues, lockouts, managing supplies and materials);
- Providing supervision during programming and assisting with program-related tasks (leading a group, creating icebreakers, etc);
- Providing support and guidance to students as they work on their showcase assignments;
- Assisting with and participating in the final student showcase at the conclusion of the program;
- Partnering with other staff who support the program;
- Attending mandatory staff training in the days preceding the program.
- Rising Junior or above at Brandeis preferred;
- Strong Judaic knowledge;
- Experience working in a Jewish learning program, Jewish camp or other Jewish environment;
- Experienced and comfortable working with teens;
- Comfortable working in a diverse environment;
- Able to be present during all training and program dates.
Tuesday, July 5-Sunday, July 31, 2022
Wednesday, June 29 -Friday, July 1: Online Orientation.
Sunday, July 3-Monday, July 4: In person Orientation at Brandeis.
$2000 plus room and board (dormitory-style living).