About Jewish National Fund-USA (Jewish National Fund-USA):
Jewish National Fund-USA (JNF-USA) is the leading philanthropic organization for the land and people of Israel. Driven by a powerful 122 year legacy of changing lives and livelihoods, JNF-USA is a partner (donor) led, independent 501 (c)(3) non-profit that's attracting 800,000 new residents to Israel's Negev Desert and Galilee through its visionary One Billion Dollar Roadmap for the Next Decade.
JNF-USA is creating a brighter future for residents living on Israel's frontier as it builds parks, playgrounds, medical centers, schools, resilience centers, bomb shelters, and so much more. In addition, JNF-USA's supports people with disabilities; brings farmers from developing nations to Israel to learn about sustainable agriculture; and makes philanthropic investments in agricultural and water R&D. In fact, thanks to Jewish National Fund-USA, Israel has become the global leader in water recycling. Jewish National Fund-USA is also changing the narrative on university campuses through its work with college student leaders and professors beyond the Jewish faith through its Caravan for Democracy Student Leadership Mission to Israel and Faculty Fellowship Program in Israel and Alexander Muss High School semester abroad program.
If working for an organization that supports the land and people of Israel and Jewish people everywhere excites you, then join us and you needn't wait another minute to change the world.
As Jewish National Fund-USA's Event Manager, you will oversee the planning and execution for internal and external events and align event strategy with the organization's strategic vision. The Event Manager will ensure each event realizes its full potential as defined by senior management. All planning and execution related to the events will be done in coordination with campaign staff, other events staff, the Executive Director of National Events and our Center of Excellence Directors. This position will be based out of our Boca Raton Office and will cover events throughout the Southeast region.
- Partner with Center of Excellence Director, Director of National Events, and campaign staff to define event goals, objectives, and specific implementation plans.
- Work closely with the Marketing Department to determine all printed and digital matter needed such as: Invitations, Save the Date cards, Event signs/banners, décor, etc.
- Execute/coordinate all aspects of event logistics (timeline, invitations, catering, A/V, music, script, etc.) in coordination with fundraiser, committee members and event chairs.
- Ensure data is recorded in Salesforce and project manager.
- Work in conjunction with campaign staff, marketing staff and administrative assistant to develop appropriate mailing lists. Oversee mailing of Save-the-Date cards, invitations, etc.
- Create and manage event budgets and timelines
- Create event run of show and production outline
- Provide technology support and work in partnership with production companies for virtual program operations, including: Live video (Zoom) and webinar, and stage management as needed.
- Monitor the event-related activities of the administrative assistant assigned to work with you on an event.
- Develop and execute follow-up with vendors after event.
- Work with campaign staff on follow up- Thank You letters to guests, chairs, committee members, vendors, etc.
- Coordinate any letters from elected officials (congressmen, local mayor, etc.) for the ad journal
- Confirmation of attendees, keeping track of RSVPs
- Coordinate and collect items for an auction (silent or live) and/or raffle at the event when appropriate.
- Travel to numerous events within your local region and across the US. You will be expected to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Delegate event tasks as necessary
- Ensure payment to vendors
- Keep event details up to date in Salesforce
- Any other duties your supervisor assigns you
- 5+ years of Event Management experience, with preferred experience in nonprofit event coordination
- Proven negotiation skills with hotels, catering and/or other vendors
- Ability to act as a liaison with vendors and venues
- Excellent organizational and superior project management skills
- Excellent management skills with the ability to lead, facilitate, motivate, and organize
- Ability to problem solve and multi-task with numerous deadlines
- Ability to work on multiple events at the same time
- Tolerance for time-sensitive transactions and last-minute changes
- Ability to work as a team and manage relationships with key stakeholders, strategic partners, and vendors
- High energy, flexibility, and ability to meet deadline demands
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Knowledge of Salesforce or another database platform a plus
- Ability to work nights, weekends and to travel throughout the country will be required.
- Education - BA/BS degree, Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) or related industry designation preferred
- Candidates must have a valid US driver’s license, passport, access to a car, and personal credit card to use for travel (documented expenses are reimbursed per company policy)
- Ability to lift to 25 lbs.
- Days off for all work-prohibitive Jewish holidays, in addition to the secular US holidays
- 3pm close-of-business on Fridays
- Top-notch healthcare (including dental and vision)
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid short and long-term disability
- 403(b) with generous employer contribution
- Opportunities to travel to Israel
Salary range will depend on experience level, but can fall within the range of $60,000-70,000.