Temple Adat Elohim is a welcoming and fulfilling Jewish community in the Conejo Valley. Our goal at TAE is to increase understanding and involvement in Jewish life and living. We strive to build a community that will be there for each other during the highs and lows of life and have a deeply rooted responsibility to address social justice and other issues in the broader community.
The Bookkeeping/Administrative Assistant plays a vital role in the day-to-day operations of the Temple. The primary role of this position is to implement accounting practices and procedures and assist the administrative staff.
- Oversee accounting functions including billing and collection of membership dues, school tuition, facility use fees, and accounts payable with the treasurer
- Manage and maintain school registration fees and tuition for families.
- Audit school enrollments periodically to ensure families are billed properly.
- Complete essential tasks relating to accounts payable and receivable.
- Submit and code invoices, reimbursement requests, and billing information to a third-party vendor.
- Maintain fiscal records and presenting monthly/annual financial reports to the finance committee with the treasurer.
- Monitor invoices and expense reports.
- Process confidential financial aid requests with the treasurer
- Communicate financial matters efficiently with temple members and preschool families.
- Ensure that all financials plans and information are kept confidential.
- Processing employee payroll every two weeks. Understand payroll processes and benefits.
- Assist in general office administration (i.e., office supply ordering, form and documents inventory, filing, etc.)
- Assist at the reception desk as needed, including answering phone calls and greeting visitors in a professional and friendly manner.
- Assist in arranging for and receiving services related office equipment, telecommunications needs, and building maintenance services.
- Collect and distribute all incoming mail and courier items.
- Helpful and professional demeanor with members, prospective members, staff, and other visitors.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, clergy, and temple leaders.
- A high level of accuracy, attention to detail, and organizational skills. Ability to multitask.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to problem solve with diverse groups.
- Knowledge and ability to use various computer programs and applications, including Microsoft 365, Word, and Excel.
- ShulCloud and Paylocity knowledge is a plus.
- Excellent phone etiquette, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Represent TAE in a positive and professional manner.
- 3+ years working in an office environment
- Experience with bookkeeping (accounts payable and receivable) and understanding of accounting principles.
- Experience in database management.
- Experience with payroll processes, benefits, and time sheet entries.
- Experience with or willingness to learn about Jewish congregational or organizational life, or similar non-profit organization preferred.
- Must be available to work during standard business hours (Monday-Friday)