About the Manager, I-Connect position:
Serving as a critical member of the International Operations team, the I-Connect Manager is responsible for the development, recruitment, and implementation of all efforts to promote Israel opportunities for young adults, ages 18-35, in the Cleveland community. The primary focus of the Job is managing all aspects of the Cleveland Onward Israel program and promoting Masa Israel Journey programs as well as Birthright Israel.
The I-Connect Manager position is part time, approximately 30 hours per week, and reports to the Assistant Vice President, External Affairs.
- Participate in providing a strategic vision for increasing the number of young adults (18-35) who participate in immersive Israel experiences.
- Serve as a concierge to Clevelanders to assist them in understanding and maximizing the I-Connect options including Birthright, Onward Israel, and Masa Israel Journey.
- Oversee the full cycle of the program for participants of Cleveland Onward Israel, an 8-week summer internship program, which offers participants ample opportunities for personal and professional growth, while living and working in Israel:
- Promote and market the Onward Israel program throughout the community.
- Recruit high quality participants for the Onward Israel program.
- Communicate directly with prospective participants about all aspects of the program.
- Interview and select applicants on a rolling basis, using the Onward Israel CRM (Salesforce) to manage and track all aspects of the process.
- Help design the 8-week experience for the Cleveland Onward participants.
- Create pre-program orientations for participants and their parents.
- Ensure appropriate follow through with participants and Onward Israel program provider.
- Recruit participants for MASA Israel programs, which are long-term immersive experiences in Israel for young adults ages 18-35:
- Promote Masa Israel programs throughout the community.
- Communicate directly with prospects and connect them with Masa program specialists if appropriate.
- Work to increase the numbers and Jewish diversity of participants.
- Educate eligible candidates about Masa Israel Teaching Fellows, which has a track in Beit Shean, Cleveland’s sister city.
- Work with Masa to find appropriate opportunities for Clevelanders.
- Build connections with local Ohio resources and “community gatekeepers” (schools, synagogues, Rabbis, Jewish educators, Hillel professionals, guidance counselors, Israeli emissaries, and Israel Fellows).
- Work with JFC marketing to advertise and market I-Connect in general and Onward Israel and Masa programs in specific.
- Maintain communication with Onward Israel and Masa participants while abroad.
- Write reports and updates on I-Connect for marketing and funding purposes.
- Assist in building awareness and connection to Israel for young adults in Cleveland.
- Cultivate relationships between I-Connect alumni and parents with the Federation
- 10% of the position is allocated to an annual campaign assignment; this may include, but is not limited to, providing staff support to a group of solicitors, and participating in regular campaign meetings and events, as determined by the Campaign Director.
- All other relevant responsibilities and duties as directed by the Director of International Operations.
- Demonstrated customer service experience.
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Experience with recruiting, identifying and interviewing applicants.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team-based structure in an individual role.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team-based structure in an individual contributor role.
- Ability to create and deliver presentations to a variety of audiences.
- Social media and marketing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Israeli culture and norms preferred.
- Working knowledge of and/or experience in the Jewish community, and Jewish culture and traditions.
- Essential computer skills include: Word, Excel, Power Point, and Salesforce.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Experience living in Israel or participating in a long-term Israel program preferred.
About the Federation:
The Jewish Federation of Cleveland is the only organization in Cleveland that focuses on the health and vitality of the entire Jewish community. For more than 118 years, the Federation has created the critical scale necessary to drive meaningful social change and provide relief in times of crisis in ways no one person or organization could do alone. As Jewish Cleveland’s hub for innovative solutions and collaborative services, the Federation is able to change and improve lives in Cleveland, Israel, and around the world.