POSITION: Hebrew High School Teacher
Society Hill Synagogue is seeking a Hebrew High School teachers for our 8th-10th grade class. Our teachers are dynamic Jewish educators excited about helping to inspire a new generation of Jewish learners.
- Saturdays (Shabbat) from 10:00 am-12:00 pm
- Monthly alternative scheduled dates to be planned with class and teacher’s schedule
- September - May
- $35/hour and up, commensurate with experience and education
- Working knowledge of Hebrew language including vocabulary and prayer. Fluency is a plus.
- Knowledge of Jewish culture, customs, traditions, history, and Torah.
- Experience teaching in a Hebrew School, Jewish camp, or youth group is preferred, but not required. We are a dedicated group of teachers who like to help others!
- A collaborative work style and ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to teach in a thematic curriculum based on needs and interests of the students
About Ann Spak Thal Hebrew School
Ann Spak Thal Hebrew School welcomes students of diverse backgrounds and approaches to Judaism. We guide students through a comprehensive study of what it means to be a Jew in the 21st century. From studying Torah to B’nai Mitzvah preparation, spiritual reflection to engagement with prayer and song, ethical debates to Israeli dancing, age-old holidays to current events through a Jewish lens, trips and special guests to Jewish culinary exploration in our kitchen – we offer a Jewish journey like no other!
Our students come together from various backgrounds to pursue a Jewish journey on which they learn about history and modern milestones, roots and traditions, language and literature, and ethics and values. Our dynamic teachers encourage students to express themselves in different ways and to ask questions and seek answers through a variety of tools.
Operations During COVID
- All staff at our school must be vaccinated against COVID-19
How to apply
Please send your resume to Michael Roe, Assistant Director of Education for Hebrew School, at [email protected].
We invite all applicants to learn more at https://www.societyhillsynagogue.org/hebrewschool/.