Gideon Hausner Jewish Day School, Palo Alto, CA
Upper School Music Teaching Position
2022-23 School Year
Gideon Hausner Jewish Day School seeks an enthusiastic, creative, dynamic, and collaborative teacher to teach Music to students in grades 5-8. The teacher will offer middle grade students (grades 5-8) classes in a variety of musical areas such as band, choir, composition. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with school leadership to determine specific course offerings. This teacher will also provide musical support to regular school observances such as Kabbalat Shabbat, Havdalah, and school assemblies. In addition to classes offered during the school day, the music teacher may also teach classes in Hausner’s After School Chugim Program.
- Ideal candidates will know (or be prepared to learn) popular Israeli/Jewish music and Tefillah. Some knowledge of Hebrew is also a plus.
- Candidate will teach elective courses related to instrumental or choral music.
- Candidate will teach additional middle school classes to be determined in collaboration with the administrative team, which may include musical theory, composition, musical theater, ensemble, etc.
- Candidate will be able to demonstrate effective classroom management.Experience in an interdisciplinary environment with an emphasis on professional collaboration is especially valuable.
- Bachelor’s degree in music or experience teaching music.
- Candidate should be comfortable with technology and open to acquiring new technology skills.
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 403b Retirement Plan, Long- and Short-term Disability, Voluntary Life/Accident Insurance, Work-Life Balance Employee Assistance Program (EAP). Pre-tax payroll deduction also available for Commuter Checks and Flexible Spending Account.
- Gideon Hausner Jewish Day School is an independent community school, K-8, with an engaged and motivated student body that participates fully in both Jewish and secular activities. We offer outstanding academics and a strong sense of community while instilling Jewish values and traditions. We teach to the whole child: social and emotional growth, academic and critical-thinking skills, as well as a wide array of enrichment activities. Our philosophy strongly encourages inclusivity and diversity; ethics and values are infused throughout the TK-8 curriculum.
- Hausner is dedicated to professional development. Teachers are encouraged to collaborate with their peers at Hausner, as well as at other schools. Faculty has leadership opportunities within the school and participates in professional and curriculum development opportunities throughout the year, both nationally and abroad. Faculty members are supported if they are interested in pursuing National Board Certification. Our benefits and friendly community inspire excellent teacher retention.
- Four-acre Palo Alto campus features a first-rate library, Beit Tefillah, a design lab and studio, state of the art music and art rooms, gym, performance space and an expansive outdoor playing field.
Gideon Hausner Jewish Day School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to an inclusive, welcoming community, where all are accepted and are treated with respect.
Hausner does not unlawfully discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, religion, veteran status, national, or ethnic origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.