Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Start Date: Early 2023
Who is that one person who changed your life? Do you want to be that person for others? If so, read on because BBYO is looking for awesome talent to join our team as an Associate Regional Director, based in Scottsdale, Arizona (Greater Phoenix area).
Associate Regional Directors play a key role in the success of BBYO by working closely with teens to create strong programs, develop leadership skills, and make their chapters great. This is an amazing opportunity to make an impact in the Southwest by engaging with and inspiring Jewish teens to do great things.
You love working with teens. You’re creative, quick on your feet, and you like your job to change every day. You’re not the kind of person who wants to sit behind a desk. You have an infectious personality and you love getting others to join you in changing the world. You're a problem solver and you're good at juggling multiple priorities at once.
We’re a global network of passionate professionals working to amplify Jewish teen life worldwide. We are the Jewish community’s largest and fastest growing pluralistic platform for reaching and inspiring Jewish teens, built on 99 years of storied history. We do this challenging and invigorating work through our partners in more than 725 local, teen-led chapters across nearly 60 countries, at hundreds of weekend retreats during the school year and across a rapidly growing suite of global exchanges, campaigns, and movement initiatives all year-round. We work as a strong and inclusive team and every day is different by design. We are fast-paced, high energy and results driven.?
What You’ll Get to Do as an Associate Regional Director:
- Work directly with chapter leaders as they create impactful, fun, and dynamic programs
- Train members as chapter leaders to run meetings, plan a calendar, and recruit new members
- Manage and train a network of volunteer advisors
- Plan programs in the community for Jewish teens in 8th-12th grades
- Support other communities within the region in Tucson, Salt Lake City and Las Vegas by being a resource for programming and recruitment strategies
- Build and maintain relationships with key community stakeholders
- Establish an annual program calendar for each chapter based on principles of AZA and BBG
- Facilitate the planning process, alongside teen leaders and colleagues, for regional programs including overnight conventions
- Mentor teens and deliver leadership training
- Recruit new members to join BBYO and to attend summer programs
- Work alongside Mountain Region colleagues to bring new, innovative, and fun ideas to the community
- Attend summer camp (but this time you’re in charge!) as you lead teen leadership programs
What You’ll Learn as an Associate Regional Director:
- How to run a small business as you develop skills in budgeting, membership, marketing, sales, HR and event planning
- How to analyze and track data to drive decision making
- Global thinking as you work with an international team across organizational and geographical boundaries
- Influence and leadership acumen as you inspire others to action
- Relationship building as you network with and travel to other BBYO communities
- 0- 5 years of work experience
- A bachelor's degree or higher
- Experience with youth or teens is preferred.
- Flexibility with working non “typical” 9-5 work days; willingness to work some nights and weekends, as needed
- Ability to travel as needed and to staff a summer leadership program at a location in the U.S. for 2-3 weeks each summer, attend International Convention and Staff Conference
- Unrestricted work authorization to work in the U.S. without holding visa or sponsorship now or in the future
- As frequent in-person interaction with BBYO teens is required for this role, the staff-member must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 within 6 weeks of start date.
- To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty/function with or without reasonable accommodation in accordance with applicable law.
Benefits of Working for BBYO:??
- Health, Dental, Vision, Short- & Long-Term Disability, and 2.5x Salary Life Insurance?
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO)??
- 22 Paid Secular and Jewish Holidays?
- Flexible Work Environment?
- Generous 403b and Roth Retirement Plan with Vested Match
We provide excellent opportunities for professional development. We have a flexible work?environment,?we promote work life?blend?and we provide generous family leave.?You’ll find friends, mentors, and a place where you can have fun, learn, grow, celebrate your Jewish identity, give back to your community, bring out the best in others, and, most important, be yourself.?