At Adamah, we believe in the deep connection between people and planet, adam and adamah. Our mission is to create vibrant Jewish life in deep connection with the Earth, catalyzing culture change and systemic change through Immersive Retreats, Jewish Environmental Education, and Climate Action. Every day, we inspire and empower youth, teens, families, and leaders through programs that deeply interweave Jewish tradition and the natural world, creating diverse and inclusive communities, and building a more sustainable future.
Adamah has four divisions – Retreats, Education, Action, and Resources. The Resources division supports the overall success of the organization, including fundraising and development, HR, technology, and marketing/communications. The Development Associate position plays a key role in organizational fundraising efforts, working closely with the Development team, as well as across divisions. The person in this role will contribute to division goals, while gaining insight into the operations of a growing and dynamic nonprofit.
This position is the nerve center of Adamah’s Development efforts. This role supports individual donor and foundation relations by:
- Researching prospective donors, creating Salesforce profiles, and updating internal team on funder priorities and deadlines.
- Coordinating cultivation of donors by assigning tasks in Salesforce to different stewards and preparing materials for meetings and solicitations.
- Gathering proposal and reporting materials.
- Contributing writing support to reports, renewals, and other external communications, as needed.
- Managing and updating donor and foundation records in Salesforce.
- Working with the Education and Action teams to track and record grant deliverables in Salesforce.
- Running reports and analytics through Salesforce to track and manage donations from individuals and institutions.
- Supporting Adamah’s fiscal sponsees program including financial reporting and administrative work.
- Drafting and sending Adamah’s acknowledgement letters.
- Working with the Finance team to record donations and pledges.
- Ensuring that staff are prepared for meetings with foundations and individual donors.
- Updating monthly donor credit cards for failed donations.
- Coordinating donor solicitations with the Marketing & Communications department.
- Contributing to the mission and vision of Adamah.
Helpful prior skills and experience include:
- Significant experience and facility with Salesforce Non-Profit Success Pack.
- Experience with grant management.
- Strong communication and teamwork abilities.
- Strong administration and Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft SharePoint, and Salesforce skills.
- Ability to multitask and hold multiple projects at once.
- Self-starter, ability to self-motivate and work on solo projects, as needed.
- Attention to detail as well as ability to hold a big-picture view.
- Commitment to deadlines and task completion.
- Marketing and communication skills a plus.
- Grant writing/reporting experience a plus.
- Attend weekly department meetings (virtual).
- Attend monthly all-staff meetings (virtual).
- Must possess a solid work ethic with strong organizational and time-management skills, excellent attention to detail, professional verbal, and written communication skills in English, as well as provide excellent customer service.
- Must maintain a professional demeanor.
- Must be able to adapt to changing situations.
- Other tasks/duties as assigned.
This is an exempt position with work hours set to Monday-Friday, with minimal travel. (Occasional in-person staff or division gatherings may take place.) Remote and option for hybrid, if local to an office.
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by Management. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
90 Day Check In: Ninety days from date of employment date, there will be a check in between you and your supervisor. Annually thereafter.