Position: Program Coordinator
Supervisor: Director of Engagement and Outreach
Schedule: Full Time, with weekends and evenings
Congregation Schaarai Zedek, a large dynamic Reform synagogue serving the Tampa Bay region, seeks an organized and motivated team member with an exceptional skill set of event planning, coordination, and administration to join our program team.
The Program Coordinator will work directly on the implementation of our robust slate of programs with responsibility for logistics, coordination, and production. These programs may be in person, virtual, or multi-access, depending on the nature of the program. Programming will reach all demographics of the congregation including family holiday programs, Shabbat dinners, active adults, families with young children and more. The position reports to the Director of Engagement and Outreach and works closely with lay leaders, clergy/staff, and outside organizations.
Congregation Schaarai Zedek programs and experiences typically occur Monday through Sunday. This position typically operates Monday through Friday. Frequent evenings and weekend days (1-2 times per month) are anticipated, for which flex hours/days are provided. Our team works in the office. All our team members must be flexible and able to adapt to short- and long-term shifts in their job duties.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
In collaboration with the Director of Engagement and Outreach this person is responsible for supporting the implementation of meaningful programming for a wide range of congregants and community members.
- Oversee each program from conception to post-event evaluation, including registration, communications, vendor relationships, operational set-ups. During programs they will work to ensure smooth execution and be the primary point-person for facilities regarding logistics in setups and communication with vendors during larger scale events. For large events, they may manage additional components of event execution determined prior to each event.
- Will work closely with our Communications team to create a communications strategy for each program. They will ensure timely promotion for registration and encourage platform-specific promotion utilizing social media as well as email and web-based communication.
- In collaboration with the Director of Engagement and Outreach, will manage the programmatic calendar and coordinate changes/additions insuring consistency in timing on calendar, in promotions and publications.
- Will work closely with the office staff on all aspects of registration and customer service.
- This person will develop and maintain relationships with outside individuals and institutions, to maintain and widen our network of vendors and program partners. They will keep an eye out for new and innovative programs in the larger community, so that we can bring the best to Schaarai Zedek.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work successfully with many different constituencies, considers the impact of their actions on others, uses diplomacy and tact, is approachable.
- Excellent project management, organizational and managerial skills and can develop a realistic and thorough plan for achieving key objectives.
- Ability to be thoughtful and creative.
- Ability to coordinate other staff members, volunteers, and vendors to ensure successful execution of programming.
- Ability to work as a team player in the life of the congregation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: Can speak articulately and clearly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get a spoken message across that has the desired effect and is able to write clearly and succinctly to effectively articulate a message.
- Proficient in full functionality of Zoom and Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and mail merge (letters, emails, envelopes, nametags, etc.), as well as other technology tools like ShulCloud and Constant Contact with willingness to learn new platforms.
- Knowledge of the Jewish community, and experience working with families with young children is a plus.
Physical Requirements (if applicable):
- Ability to lift, bend and stand for extended periods of time.
Send cover letter and resume to Lindsey Dewey ([email protected])
Please note first and last name followed by “PROGRAM COORDINATOR” in the subject line.
Salary Range is $18.00 to $20.00 per hour.
Benefits available for full-time employees include:
Vacation and sick leave
Short and Long-Term Disability
Tuition Discount for Preschool