Under the supervision of the Orthodox Services Program Manager, the Hybrid Care Manager works with an integrated team approach in providing care management services and supportive or clinical counseling for Orthodox Jewish Individual and Family Services (IFS) clients of all ages presenting with complex needs in multiple systems, in the Greater Philadelphia area. The SW/CM identifies needs of clients, completes bio-psychosocial and other assessments, develops individualized treatment plans, and provides appropriate therapeutic and/or care management interventions Additional responsibilities may include coordination of Orthodox community programming, supervision of a social work student or participation in community outreach initiatives to establish community partners. Afterschool / evening hours will be required at least one night per week, both telehealth and in person work in all office locations is required.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates and provides clinical treatment, supportive counseling, and care management services to clients in home, in the office, via Telehealth platforms or in community-based settings.
- Conducts comprehensive assessment of clients’ needs to develop mutually agreed upon treatment/care plans to support them in achieving their identified goals.
- Works with client to enable access to resources appropriate to their individual needs (e.g., budgeting, financial issues, accessing public entitlements, psychiatric / psychological care providers).
- Collaborates with community partners (job coach, housing, other providers, rabbis, schools, etc.), provides advocacy (as needed) and assists clients in daily life (ADLs/IADLs) skills to help them maintain or improve global functioning.
- Assumes responsibility in emergency situations related to care management and/or mental health crises.
- Maintains interest in and knowledge of relevant professional activities, developments in the field of behavioral health and in social problems as they pertain to our clients and to the advancement of the profession in addition to a broad variety of community resources in order to refer clients when appropriate to support their treatment goals.
- Prepares and documents accurate and timely records including progress notes, assessment tools, and billing information in compliance with department documentation guidelines and expectations and external regulatory policies.
- Participates as an active member in team conferences, trainings, weekly supervision, department meetings, and other meetings related to counseling and care management issues and works as a team with other JFCS staff with shared clients, resources, needs, and other related topics.
- Performs other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as requested
- Knowledge of public benefits and general community resources
- A high level of effective communication skills both written and verbal, with internal (other JFCS staff / departments) and external stakeholders.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments exhibiting strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrate a professional demeanor no matter what the situation; must be able to meet and interact professionally, patiently and courteously with a diverse population of clients and families.
- Ability to work independently—can follow up and follow through.
- Ability to recognize and navigate community dynamics and establish good working relationships.
- Must be able to exercise independent judgment in an area for which procedures cannot be standardized, while maintaining professional & ethical standards .
- Ability to recognize implied problems underlying initial statements of need and to ask questions appropriate to gathering more information to better serve the client and the agency.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to participate as a contributing team member of the department.
- Ability to work as a team member with other clinicians and care managers to ensure best service to clients.
- Ability to establish good working relations with other professionals and organizations both internally and in the community.
- Must be in good standing, maintain any pertinent license(s), and follow guidelines as required by the PA State Board of Social Workers, and Marriage and Family Counselors, and Professional Counselors.
- Demonstrate knowledge, understanding, and implementation of practices based on the NASW code of ethics.
- Participate in annual Trauma Informed Care training(s), suicide prevention training, and mandated reporter training every other year.
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to changes in schedule and assignments.
- Demonstrates initiative in contributing to the development of the department’s programs and services as well as their own professional development.
- MSW or equivalent required – have or working toward clinical licensure preferred
- Two to three years direct service experience required
- Detailed knowledge of Orthodox Jewish religious practices & cultural norms to provide care consistent with the unique needs of the population being served
- Understands best practices and knowledge to assess and implement a variety of appropriate therapeutic interventions.
- Has the ability to appropriately assess an individual in crisis to determine if a higher level of care is needed - including psychiatric emergencies that may lead to hospitalization.
- Knowledge of and experience applying for Public Benefits (SNAP, LIHEAP, SSI, etc.) a plus
- Proficient user of technology (smart phone/tablet/laptop) and experience using MS Office applications required
- EHR/EMR database experience a plus
- Employee must have a car, a safe driving record on file with the Department of Motor Vehicles in the state in which the employee is licensed to drive. Employee must provide a valid driver’s license and proof of automobile liability insurance.
- Employee must pass a criminal background check, child abuse check and FBI fingerprint clearances.
- Able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends to accommodate the availability of individuals and families (schedule will be adjusted accordingly).
- Employee must meet the agency’s vaccination policy and procedure upon hire and afterwards.