We are looking for a full-time energetic Jewish professional experienced in the implementation of synagogue activities. This individual collaborates with the Rabbi, and works with Staff, Board members, and Committee Chairs to support the mission of the synagogue. Key responsibilities include supervisory support and oversight of Staff, office management, budget and financial management, and communications. Attendance at key events is expected.
The Office Director reports to the President of the Synagogue or his/her designee. S/he works collaboratively with the Rabbi and supervises all non-religious function staff. The Office Director serves as the in-office supervisor of the Director of Jewish Learning and Programming and Preschool Director regarding the operational aspects of their programs, and directly supervises the Office Assistant and the congregational Custodian. The Office Director liaises with the Rabbi and the Board as needed including assistance to the oversight VP’s as it pertains to performance of programs and Staff.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Administrative Support and Oversight – Including supervising staff (with the exception of the preschool and religious school teachers who report to the Preschool Director and Director of Jewish Learning and Programming respectively).
- Office Management – including oversight of office IT systems, maintaining synagogue records, coordinating and maintaining the synagogue’s calendar of events.
- Financial Engagement – including working with and administering the finances in coordination with the Treasurer.
- Communications – including initial contact with prospective and new members and proactively communicating with the media and other organizations as well as supervising/organizing weekly emails and other routine communications.
- Facility and Property Oversight - including organizing preventive, routine, and emergency maintenance of the synagogue and parsonage and supervising the custodial staff.
- Experienced leader of people and business operations, able to balance delegating with doing
- Able to develop and maintain excellent relations with synagogue board, staff, committee chairs and volunteers. Available, accessible, and approachable to the synagogue community
- Skillful communicator - Represent the synagogue. Manage and assure excellent execution of internal and external communications
- Must have exceptional attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills, and ability to prioritize
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical abilities
Salary & Benefits
Starting salary $75,000. Commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefit package.
Qualified candidates should submit a brief cover letter and a resume to [email protected]