About the Organization:
UJA-Federation of New York is the largest local philanthropy in the world. For more than 100 years, we’ve brought New Yorkers together to solve some of the most pressing problems facing our community. Thanks to our network of hundreds of non-profits, we can leverage our expertise across any number of areas — including health and human services, arts and culture, and education — to care for Jews everywhere and New Yorkers of all backgrounds, respond to crises close to home and far away, and shape our Jewish future. Our reach extends from New York to Israel to nearly 70 other countries around the world, touching 4.5 million people each year.
Visit our career site to learn more: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1075UJAF.
UJA Federation of New York has robust and deep relationships with hundreds of foundations of varying sizes and structure. In FY21 alone, more than 100M dollars was raised for the UJA annual campaign and targeted projects from foundations. As foundation giving continues to grow nationally, UJA is hiring a new full-time Director of Foundation Partnerships.
The Director will be tasked with primarily developing new foundation partnerships. The Director will work in close partnership with colleagues from both Planning and Fundraising to identify and prioritize foundation prospects as well as content areas that are ripe for foundation giving. The Director will regularly communicate with UJA colleagues who hold important foundation relationships to ensure coordination and maximum outcomes.
The Director will report to the Deputy Chief Planning Officer and directly supervise a grant writer who will assist in researching and preparing relevant material and grant applications for foundation partnerships.
· Develop annual goals and a longer-term work plan for growing foundation partnerships with clear metrics and outputs
· Establish close working relationships with UJA colleagues working with foundations in order to leverage existing expertise and wisdom, and meet regularly to ensure coordination and maximum outcomes
· Develop strategies for engaging non-sectarian foundations around targeted giving opportunities for organizational priorities
· Work with Planning and Fundraising teams to identify opportunities for partnership and collaboration with the Jewish Communal Fund and Jewish Funders Network
· Offer value-added opportunities for foundations and their staff - specifically educational opportunities (e.g., presentation of community study findings)
· Remain current on existing and emerging UJA priorities that may open doorways to new partnerships
· Work with lay advisory group to help advance the goals of this new department
Competencies and Qualifications:
· Minimum 10 years of experience in the workforce
· Proven track record of securing foundation and/or donor giving
· Experience working in the Jewish or non-Jewish foundation sector preferred
· Ability to build effective collaborative relationships
· Ability to think creatively and strategically, dealing with changing priorities, emergent issues, multiple projects, and foundation partners
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including oral and written
· Must be a flexible self-starter
· Must be articulate and able to represent the organization effectively, both internally and externally
· Knowledge of issues facing the Jewish community
· Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred
How to Apply:
Equal Opportunity Employment. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please submit your application directly to our job board at https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1075UJAF.
Great Perks. Because We Appreciate Great Employees.
We offer a generous number of vacation days and have the Jewish holidays off as well. Fridays our offices close early (October to March at 3:00 pm and April to September at 4:00 pm). All so you can relax and recharge.
UJA provides a top-tier medical and dental plan, along with a flexible spending account. We also offer life insurance. And for a small cost you can take part in on-site yoga and exercise classes at our Manhattan office. Wellness matters to us.
Planning for Retirement:
UJA employees can enroll in a pension plan and tax deferred annuity.
Classes, workshops, and compelling speakers will keep you at the top of your game.
We come together as a staff to commemorate holidays (from Rosh Hashanah to MLK Day), volunteer at nonprofits, and celebrate our accomplishments together. (Our chocolate chip cookies are legendary!)
Some More (Yes, more!)
We also offer a backup childcare program. And a commuter benefit plan. So you can get to work and feel good about it.
Also, a lot of the times, we’re wearing jeans.