If working for an organization that supports the land and people of Israel excites you, then join us and you needn't wait another minute to change the world!
Jewish National Fund- USA seeks to recruit an Associate Director, Operations and Events. This role reports to the Director who is the main point of contact in Jewish National Fund-USA's regional administrative center (Internally known as Center of Excellence aka CoE) for Fundraisers and other professionals nationally. The internal title for this role will be Associate Director, CoE.
This role is that of project manager for Virtual and In-person events, administrative projects and other related projects and tasks. Qualified candidates will be strategic thinkers who will also participate in the tactical side of the aforementioned, along with an events team to support their fundraising partners successfully. As both a leader and an integral part of the core team, you are willing and able to step into the execution to make sure everything is fulfilled as necessary.
This position can be based out of any of the following Jewish National Fund-USA office locations: Baltimore, MD, Rockville Centre, NY, Northbrook, IL or Boca Raton, FL.
Job Duties will include:
Work with the Director and regional or departmental group of Fundraisers to ensure all needs are met and smooth workflow is established including:
- Accomplishes results by leveraging systems, policies, and procedures
- Ensures that office operations and procedures are running smoothly for your cohort of Fundraisers
- Project manager for Virtual and In-person Events and other projects within your cohort
- Assigns and monitors administrative functions related to these regional projects
- Within Salesforce, process the gift coding
- Manage society letters
- Generate weekly reports and ensure accuracy of records
- Research and prospect potential mega donors
- Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations, planning, and monitoring job results, enforcing systems, policies, and procedures
- Plan, execute and attend smaller events, and work closely with our Events team on larger events along with other COE staff to ensure success
- Works with the Marketing Manager to ensure any new campaigns and event materials adhere to Marketing guidelines and timelines, and follows associated guidelines
- Maintains up-to-date information on all aspects of operations for campaign or event and support staff to provide additional assistance and fill-in when necessary
- Maintains organizational continuity by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and needs
- Achieves financial objectives by anticipating requirements; submits information for budget preparation, schedules expenditures, monitors costs
- Works with IT and other departments to ensure proper set up, onboarding and training for incoming staff within your region or department
- Associate CoE Director may be assigned different departments or regions to work with if necessary
- Any further duties assigned from your supervisor, which may not be listed above
- 3-5 years administrative and event/project management experience
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Analytical and teambuilding skills
- Effective decision-making skills
- Excellent supervisory skills
- Strong attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Excellent communications skills including written, verbal and listening
- Excellent time management skills
- Strategic thinker
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task projects
- Must be comfortable with various software products
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Knowledge of Salesforce or another database program a plus
- Moderate travel and availability for evenings and weekends on as needed basis
- Candidates must have a valid US driver's license, access to a car and personal credit card to use for travel (documented expenses are reimbursed per company policy)
- Days off for all work-prohibitive Jewish holidays, in addition to the secular US holidays
- 3pm close-of-business on Fridays
- Top-notch healthcare (including dental and vision)
- Parental Leave policy
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid short and long-term disability
- 403(b) with generous employer contribution
- Opportunities to travel to Israel
Salary range will depend on experience level, but can fall within the range of $50,000-60,000.
WHAT WE DO
Jewish National Fund strives to bring an enhanced quality of life to all of Israel's residents and translate these advancements to the world beyond. JNF is "greening" the desert with millions of trees, building thousands of parks across Israel, creating new communities and cities for generations of Israelis to call home, bolstering Israel's water supply, helping develop innovative arid agriculture techniques and educating both young and old about the founding and importance of Israel and Zionism. JNF is the single largest provider of Zionist programs in the U.S. Its work is divided into seven program areas: Forestry & Green Innovations, Water Solutions, Community Building, Zionist Education & Advocacy, Research & Development, Heritage Sites, and Disabilities & Special Needs.
SINCE 1901, JNF HAS:
• Planted more than 250 million trees
• Built over 250 reservoirs and dams
• Developed over 250,000 acres of land
• Created more than 2,000 parks
• Provided the infrastructure for over 1,000 communities
• Connected thousands of children and young adults to Israel and their heritage
Jewish National Fund prides itself on honoring the pioneers of the past and celebrating their spirit by continuing the pioneering tradition in the areas of technology, environmental progress, community development, water renewal and building the land of Israel for many years to come.
Jewish National Fund affirms the bonds of the Jewish family with their strength of unity, the understanding that each member can make a difference and the collective power to build prosperity, develop innovative solutions and promote the greater good.
OUR CREDENTIALS & PARTNERSHIPS
A registered 501(c)(3) organization, Jewish National Fund is recognized as a 4-star organization by Charity Navigator, America's leading independent charity evaluator, for its sound fiscal management, accountability, and transparency. JNF has also been rated a top charity by the American Institute of Philanthropy and meets the 20 rigorous standards of the Better Business Bureau (BBB) Wise Giving Alliance, and the transparency standards of Tzedakah, Inc. No other Jewish organization meets all these standards.
We are ViZion-driven relationship-based, fast-paced, and Positively Israel!
OUR CORE VALUES
Be Bold: Beyond. We are proud and passionate, vocal, and visionary about Israel and Zionism. We pride ourselves on our out-of-the-box thinking and the great things it accomplishes for the land and with the people of Israel.
Belong: Stay long. We are an inclusive and diverse workplace welcoming and respecting all cultures, ages, religions, ethnicities, genders, orientations, and physical abilities. Understanding that a work-life balance is crucial to the success of our organization, we are empathetic, understanding, caring, appreciative, and respectful of one another as we strive to develop and retain our professionals and donors for the long-run.
Be Inscribed: Be the Impact. To walk in the land of Israel and see the impact of our work instills the greatest sense of fulfillment. We strive for each employee to make their mark, leave their footprint, be heard, and feel relevant as together we help ensure the vibrancy of Israel for the next 100 years. We plant the future, not just trees.
Be Kind: Act with Chesed. At JNF-USA we do not underestimate the power of kindness. We use recognition and praise to motivate teams, individuals, donors, and stakeholders. We are proud of our please and thank you's. We listen and lend a helping hand when a co-worker is challenged. Whether random or deliberate acts, kindness is a key ingredient to our positive workplace and mindset.
B'Yachad: Together. Great collaboration between our employees, donors and affiliates in Israel is a priority: everyone matters no matter their role. We recognize that open and inspirational communication, teamwork, and collegiality is a force multiplier in reaching our goals, mission, and vision. Jewish National Fund-USA exemplifies the power of unity.