Sid Jacobson JCC and its surrounding campus, the Bernice Jacobson Day School and Camp provide a full range of cutting-edge recreational, health, fitness, educational, cultural arts, and social services programs. We acknowledge and honor the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals and strive to create and maintain an environment that is inclusive, equitable, and welcoming. We are dedicated to serving every aspect of community wellness, regardless of age or ability. We promote physical health through our innovative health and wellness center, while also providing for emotional and spiritual health through a variety of divorce, bereavement, and cancer support groups. In addition, we are Long Island’s hub that addresses social justice, uses social action to better our society, and provides volunteers with the opportunity to give back.
Do you have a passion for helping others? Are you driven by a desire to give back and make a difference wherever you go? If so, we have several full-time, part-time, and seasonal opportunities that might be a fit for you! We are seeking Specialized Services Program Assistants to work with various vulnerable populations including individuals with Special Needs and/or seniors that are frail and memory impaired. This position is in Nassau County, Long Island.
Our ideal candidates will be kind-hearted, caring, patient, and possess strong interpersonal skills, which includes the ability to effectively relate and communicate with our program participants. He/she/They will be an active participant in all programs and activities and will assist the Specialized Services Supervisors.
How You’ll Help Us Be Successful:
- Ensures safety of program participants while at program site. Depending on assignment, program locations may vary. Program assignments may include vocational training center programs for interns with special needs, afterschool and weekend programs for children and teens with special needs, and/or adult day programs for adults and seniors who are frail and/or memory impaired.
- Facilitates social and recreational activities for participants on a daily basis.
- Assist clients with activities of daily living as needed.
- Reports significant incidents to Supervisor(s) as they occur.
- Prompts participants to interact appropriately with peers and with all persons in program, and at site.
- Appropriately completes all required documentation.
- Attend all mandatory trainings and personally ensure that their attendance is scheduled per deadlines.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor(s).
What You’ll Need To Be Successful:
- Communication skills including strong interpersonal skills, and ability to speak, read and write effectively.
- Ability to maintain HIPAA confidentiality and exercise discretion when discussing clients.
- Demonstrate detail orientation.
- Exhibit patience, initiative, enthusiasm, adaptability, resourcefulness.
- Reliable and team player
- Able to effectively develop and document behavior management protocols.
- Good oral and written communication skills required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, military status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Disability accommodations
- Inclusive of minority and disadvantaged groups
- LGBTQ+ friendly workplace
- Age-inclusive Diversity and inclusion training or programs
- Employee Discounts
Sid Jacobson JCC is a beneficiary agency of the UJA Federation of New York.
The Sid Jacobson JCC has a mandatory vaccine policy, a dedicated medical advisory committee, newly installed air filters and air purification systems, common surfaces/areas are sanitized regularly, and members and staff are required to follow CDC regulations.