Want to make a difference in the lives of Jewish teens in Baltimore? Want to work for a mission and values driven organization? 4Front is a great place to work! 4Front is the Baltimore Jewish community’s comprehensive teen initiative. Based on four pillars, advocate, innovate, educate, and collaborate, 4Front serves as a gathering place and open channel for Baltimore’s Jewish teens and the adults who care about them. Here, teens are encouraged to explore their Judaism in ways that are meaningful to them. Our organizational culture values innovation, creativity, and risk taking. We're looking for someone who can think outside of the box with us. Because 4Front revolves around teens, our hours often reflect their schedules. This job requires the ability to work evenings and weekends.
SUMMARY: A team player with a can-do attitude, the 4Front Relational Engagement Associate helps to implement a vision for more engaged Jewish teens throughout Jewish Baltimore, serving as a passionate and enthusiastic advocate for Jewish teen engagement. This professional will plan and implement engaging and impactful teen programs from start to finish, with content focusing on relational engagement, social entrepreneurship, Jewish identity, and leadership development.
In addition to programmatic areas, the Relational Engagement Associate will seek to expand 4Front’s engagement platform, using their personable nature to initiate one-on-one relationship building with Jewish teens in Baltimore. This professional will establish meaningful relationships with teens, build and maintain a system for tracking relationships, and manage and compile all program data. This portfolio will look different daily, and in an effort to best support and connect with teens, this professional may find themselves in the other places where they “show up” (community programs, Maccabi competitions, school and other extra curriculars).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and implement engaging and impactful teen programs from start to finish:
- This professional will be responsible for Peer Leadership Fellows, Social Innovation Fellowship, Teen Board Observers Cohort, and a JCamp teen summer experience.
- Program implementation includes but is not limited to evolving program curriculum, planning and facilitating workshops and meetings, coordinating program logistics, programmatic budget management, recruiting and selecting participants, and communicating with teen participants and parents.
- Establish meaningful relationships with teens
- Execute relational engagement strategy
- Develop strong relationships with local teens and parents
- Manage and compile all 4Front program data
- Build and maintain a system for tracking relationships
- Maintain a system for tracking individual engagement
- Maintain up to date knowledge of teen engagement opportunities (both local and national)
- Participate in 4Front and JCC agency-wide trainings and staff meetings and special events
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Familiarity with Jewish concepts and values, calendar, and practices
- Proven success developing personal connections with young people and/or peers
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong organizational skills and written/oral communication skills
- Ability to plan, organize, and execute programs
- Works well in a team environment
- Proven success in a leadership position
PHYSICAL SKILLS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to spend time sitting and using a computer, laptop or phone. The employee may also be required to frequently be on their feet for periods of time.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment may be fast paced and requires high energy and interaction with others. The work space may be noisy, at times.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and incumbent will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by supervisor or other management as required.
The JCC offers a full-benefits package including health, disability, retirement match, free JCC membership and discounts for JCC programs.
The Jewish Community Center of Greater Baltimore is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with our Jewish values, we celebrate the diversity of our staff and community and are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment.
The Jewish Community Center of Greater Baltimore is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran's status, physical or mental disability that does not prohibit the performance of essential job functions (with or without reasonable accommodation) or any other basis protected by federal, or applicable, state or local law.