The Gordon School, a vibrant and growing community K-5 day school in the heart of Miami, is looking for a dynamic and creative Jewish studies teacher to infuse our Judaics program and school community with formal and informal Jewish content, learning, and a love of Jewish life. The Gordon School is dedicated to helping children reach their highest potential through our nurturing, child-centered environment and program of academic excellence. We teach our children to cherish the wisdom and faith of Judaism and embrace its rich heritage.
The Experiential Jewish Educator and Judaic Studies Teacher will plan, organize, administer, and direct all activities, classroom learning, and experiential Jewish educational programming for students in Kindergarten through Grade 5.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Credentials/Minimum Requirements:
- Holds a current certification in Elementary School, Hebrew/ Judaic Studies not to expire before the end of the upcoming school year.
- Holds an undergraduate or a graduate degree in Hebrew or Judaic Studies
- Prepares and implements appropriate goals and objectives.
- Establishes, implements, maintains, and evaluates the learning environment.
- Develops and fulfills the requirements of the religious, academic and education programs.
- Cooperates with his/her colleagues and administrators in the total operation of the program.
- Evaluates and modifies, on an on-going basis, his/her teaching techniques relevant to the progress of the students.
- Promotes a positive classroom environment.
- Provides supervision and activities, if necessary, during the lunch period, and recess.
- Experiential Jewish Educator:
- The Experiential Jewish Educator will be responsible for infusing ruach and a love of Jewish life into the school working as a resource and creating innovative programming across departments.
- The Experiential Jewish Educator will be a self-driven, innovative, forward thinking, and ambitious experiential educator dedicated to imbuing the school and community with a love of Jewish wisdom, life, ritual, and holidays.