POSITION: Associate Director of Development and Fundraising
Summary: Under the direction of the Senior Director Development, the Associate Director of Development works to build a strong culture of philanthropy by assisting in the development of and implementation of fundraising strategies, programs, and initiatives intended to develop financial support for Goodman JFS Broward. This includes direct solicitation of individual, corporate, and foundation gifts as well as related cultivation and stewardship activities.
- Maintain donor relationships, reengage lapsed donors, and engage new donors
- Steward prospective and current corporate donors with the development team
- Help our donors accomplish their philanthropic goals and ambitions through a relationship with our organization
- Manage event logistics as needed
- Demonstrate a proficient ability to conduct donor research, prospect, and drive ongoing development efforts
- Oversee development systems and track progress against goals in Donor Perfect
- Produce reports and data to drive streamlined communication internally and with the board
- Identify key public and private prospects, develop strategies in conjunction with the Senior Director of Development and team
- Plan and execute fundraising events throughout the year
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the ongoing fundraising campaign(s), including fundraising efficiency (cost/expense), community engagement, event satisfaction, and overall success of the campaign
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrate a strong detail orientation, accuracy, and ability to develop compelling reports and communications for use internally and externally. Execute all work in a highly organized, analytical, and data-driven manner.
New Revenue Generation:
- Demonstrate excitement to steward and leverage relationships that result in meeting or exceeding target fundraising goals.
- Positively collaborate with, and work with an internal team to meet and exceed aggressive fundraising goals through effective development operations. Consistently grow and create stretch assignments.
- Collaborate with the development team to deliver on a high volume of operational needs for the development department including grant writing, donor cultivation tracking, event planning, prospect research, and data entry.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate a high degree of comfort and poise with donors, corporations, and prospects.
- Demonstrate experience in external relations and development. Regularly deliver convincing messaging and tailored experiences. Demonstrate genuine joy in connecting with donors and all external stakeholders.
- Establish highly collaborative relationships with all team members. Demonstrate a hunger to learn, grow, support, and add great value. Regularly seek to understand all aspects of our model to convey externally.
You’ll be successful in this role if you:
- Have 3 years of professional fundraising experience, preferably, but not limited to, work in development at a social services or health related organization.
- Are an exceptional and persuasive communicator
- Have a demonstrated commitment to excellence, detail, and ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a dynamic environment
- Are achievement-oriented and have a demonstrated track record of achieving aggressive fundraising goals
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree
- Can prove eligibility to work in the U.S. legally
- Deep belief in our mission
- Root your work in our core values
What we offer:
Goodman JFS Broward offers the full package – great benefits, a great place to work, and the opportunity to have a glowing and growing career.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- Work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- May be required to move Campaign materials weighing up to 15 pounds for various events.
- Travel up to 15%.
- Required to work evenings or weekends.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with State and Federal law, GJFS will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or other protected status in hiring, promoting, demoting, training, benefits, transfers, layoffs, terminations, recommendations, rates of pay or other compensation. Opportunity is provided to all employees based on qualifications and job requirements.
Persons with mental or physical disabilities are eligible as long as they can perform essential functions of the job after reasonable accommodation is made to their known limitations. If the accommodation cannot be made because it would cause the employer undue hardship, such persons may not be eligible.
GJFS and its employees support through policy, procedure, and action the right of disabled persons, prospective staff, and persons served, to equal access to services and employment. GJFS considers all applicants with disabilities for employment using the same criteria as are used for the employment of persons without disabilities.
We are a Drug-Free Work Place. This position is contingent upon the completion and passing of a Level 2 Criminal Background check, driver’s license screening, and drug screening. Employment is probationary for a period of 60 days from the date of hire. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.