Hillel International is committed to diversifying our workforce. We are actively seeking a Diversity Talent Manager to join our Talent Acquisition team during our search season (January - June). You’ll help us find incredible talent from early career professionals to seasoned executive leadership for our Hillel roles in North America. You’ll build relationships with individuals and organizations who can help us attract the very best. You have a refined sense for what makes top talent within Hillel and a unique ability to engage people at all stages of professional life. You serve as a partner to local campuses helping them match to professionals who are best fits for their campuses. As we seek to embrace diversity and build our talent pool to more closely represent the people we serve - you will have the great responsibility of making this a reality at every stage of the recruitment process. Should we meet our outlined metrics, we’re hopeful this position will build a strong foundation of strategic relationships and recruitment strategies in the Diversity space, and based on these successes and ongoing needs, will become permanent.
This role will give you the opportunity to tangibly impact the greatest factor in shaping the impact and diversity of our Jewish communities on campuses: our talent. Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are actively seeking diverse candidates and are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all. The salary range for this 6 month position is $32,000-35,000.
What You’ll Bring to the Role
- An undergraduate degree and four years work experience.
- Enthusiasm, confidence, and comfort making cold calls to potential candidates, networks, and organizations.
- Knowledge of and relationships within the organizations in Jewish life representing and supporting Jews of Color
- Experience working with technology and database entry, and comfort learning new systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to prioritize a customer service-based approach to all aspects of the recruitment process
- Comfortable and savvy with today’s mediums for sourcing and recruiting talent like LinkedIn and social media
- Excellent written and verbal communication that is clear, likeable, and inspiring
- Organized & Detail Oriented – able to manage multiple projects seamlessly and enjoy copy-editing/proofreading
- Excitement for Hillel or excited to learn more about what we do
- Familiarity with the Jewish community and genuine respect for the diversity of Jewish life
- Energy, a sense of humor, flexibility and maturity
What You'll Work On
- Build and strengthen our relationships with partnership organizations to expand the pool of high-quality talent
- Identify and implement diversity recruitment initiatives and outreach to create a robust pipeline of diverse talent at all levels of the organization
- Work with our Talent Acquisition Team to build our database of potential candidates for all Hillel positions in 2021
- Source and cultivate candidates using job boards, social media, LinkedIn, referrals, etc.
- Collaborate with hiring teams and other recruiters to create diversity and inclusion plans for recruitments as well as ongoing outreach programs
- Research our Hillels and their positions to understand what top talent looks like on each campus
- Evaluate applicants at the resume review, phone interview, and video interview stages for assessment
- Assist and advise campuses in the search process, including training of hiring managers and sharing best practices around diversity in the hiring space. Maintain communication with campuses and candidates, interviewing candidates and candidate assessment in order to make the best possible match and hire
Acquisition Team Support
- Provide technical support in maintaining current searches in Taleo with an eye towards timely opening/closing, reposting, and updating
- Diligently and accurately track candidate interactions as well as candidate and search statuses
- Track postings on external job boards to be sure positions are current
- Support our team with posting open positions, search close logistics and other administrative tasks as needed, to ensure effective processes and positive experience for applicants, new hires and supervisors
- Review all communications, including our careers page and social media accounts, to ensure they’re in line with our DEI commitments
- Assist with building hiring plans that provide equal opportunities to all candidates, internal and external
What You'll Get Out of It
- The pride of finding and engaging who does this incredibly meaningful work with us.
- Amazing, smart, dedicated, fun colleagues on the Talent Acquisition Management and Experiences Team at Hillel International, and across the Hillel movement
- Access to incredible volunteers and advisors with impressive experience in talent management and leadership across the Jewish, nonprofit, and business worlds
- Flexible work hours and the ability to work from anywhere in the US
About Hillel International
Founded in 1923, Hillel has been enriching the lives of Jewish students for more than 90 years. Today, Hillel International is a global organization that welcomes students of all backgrounds and fosters an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel. Hillel is dedicated to enriching the lives of Jewish students so that they may enrich the Jewish people and the world. As the largest Jewish student organization in the world, Hillel builds connections with emerging adults at more than 550 colleges and universities, and inspires them to direct their own path. During their formative college years, students are challenged to explore, experience, and create vibrant Jewish lives.
About Hillel’s Charles and Lynn Schusterman International Center
Hillel’s Charles and Lynn Schusterman International Center (SIC) which has multiple offices throughout the world including in Washington, D.C., San Francisco, Chicago, New York and Jerusalem, helps local Hillels in the areas of institutional advancement, strategic planning, leadership development, fundraising, talent, fiscal administration, student engagement and communications.