Position: Bookkeeper/Accounting Coordinator
Reports to: Controller
Full-time, New York, New York
Date: November 19, 2020
Prizmah is the network for Jewish day schools across North America. We partner with day schools, yeshivas, philanthropists, and communities from all denominations, helping them grow their reach and impact and tackle the challenges on their paths to success.
Educating our children is the most important investment we can make in their future. Jewish day schools inspire and nurture young people, prepare them for remarkable and meaningful lives, and enable them to thrive.
Prizmah enhances the ability of schools to excel. Prizmah is building networks for schools and their supporters to connect, learn and drive impact – deepening talent by investing in professional and lay leaders; catalyzing resources to generate funding for schools to flourish; and accelerating educational innovation, to foster teaching and learning opportunities that empower students.
At Prizmah, we see what is possible for Jewish day schools, and we're passionate about making that vision a reality.
Our company is looking for an experienced Bookkeeper/Accounting Coordinator to assist in managing our day-to-day accounting and finance activity. Confidentiality, excellent organizational skills and accuracy are important qualifications for this position, as well as good customer relations and the ability to communicate clearly. The ideal candidate for this position is a skilled multi-tasker, is reliable and is committed to consistently meeting deadlines.
Scope of Responsibilities
• Issue invoices to clients, prepares AR Aging on a monthly basis, following up on outstanding Accounts Receivable with clients
• Record all activity related to cash receipts and cash disbursements in QuickBooks
• Enter payroll twice monthly
• Pay vendor invoices via online bill pay, ACH and wires, ensuring proper approval procedures are followed
• Complete monthly financial close process, including all bank account reconciliations
• Coordinate income and expense reporting requests with program directors and other staff
• Respond to questions from clients and vendors
• Additional responsibilities related to Finance, Human Resources and Operations, as assigned by Controller
Experience and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
• Five years’ experience working in accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll and payroll reports
• Nonprofit accounting experience strongly preferred
• Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
• Extensive experience with data entry, record keeping and computer operation
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and QuickBooks
• Experience in services related to payroll such as writing checks and recording payroll expense and benefits journal entries
To apply, please send a cover***********************eper in the subject line.